Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by Ralf on 12-21-2000 02:05 PM
    Considering that a massive amount of both game-magazine reviewers and Civ-fan reviewers have put that horrific interface on their "most criticized" list of bad CTP-features - i would be very careful borrowing ANY interface-solutions from the old CTP-game, whatsoever.
    dont trigger me to say my opinion (again) for a large part of the reviewers...

beyond that, even IF the whole ctp1 interface is horrible, does that mean that one part of it, cant be an improvment
    quote:

- If the popup-messages is dragable to some corner of the monitor-screen (and if it stayes there).
    - If different messages-types are all toggle-able, so the player can tailor-cut the feedback - like in SMAC.
    - If theres a countdown time-input for automatic message-closure (can be stopped by clicking on message).
    - If the city-screen popup itself can be toggled either on/off (off = only map-recentering and flashing cities).
    yes, if all that "IF"'s where in the game, i would probably have little problems. still, even in that case i still think the ctp1(not the ctp2) system to diplay messages is the best. you dont have to toggle any options, you just ignore them. and you can always choose to see all messages at any time
    there are of course many improvements that can be made, like the ones made in the PowerSlics mod, but it's still better from the pop-up thing (IMHO)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 12-21-2000 05:22 PM
      dont trigger me to say my opinion (again) for a large part of the reviewers...

I was wondering if that comment would be enough for you to go ballistic

quote:

beyond that, even IF the whole ctp1 interface is horrible, does that mean that one part of it, cant be an improvment

OK, then - im not entirely unreasonable.

quote:

yes, if all that "IF"'s where in the game, i would probably have little problems.

I keep my thumbs crossed for all four of them.

quote:

still, even in that case i still think the ctp1(not the ctp2) system to diplay messages is the best. you dont have to toggle any options, you just ignore them. and you can always choose to see all messages at any time.

Well, ultimately its up to Firaxis, of course. Lets just hope they come up with something very configurable, that most of us (including you) can accept and be happy with.

[This message has been edited by Ralf (edited December 21, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
      X