Mercenaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercenaries

I don't recall if this was ever discussed, but, how about if some of the more warlike civs had the ability to hire out their units as mercenaries, providing some income to the nation. This would also serve as a means of increasing morale for said units.

Also, privateers. These ships, or hey, maybe zepplins would be commisioned to approach an enemie's territory and raid their shipping, and every turn you would get a small percentage of the haul. These units wouldn't be under your direct control, but you could give them general orders, like 'Raid Spain's shipping, avoid France's shipping, etc...

What do you think?
    "L33T Master must not eat 'scuzzy' things from trash. Not healthy. Give bad gas." - MegaTokyo
    "Horses can not be Astronaughts..." - A Servbot

I dont know about the raiding part, but I do like the mercenary idea.

Comment

I also like the mercenary idea, you could rent units for just the time of the war.

------------------
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow
      I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

i also like the mercenary-idea but it should be limited, not that a rich civ simply buys tons of units.
        somehow mercenaries are already in Civ2 as you can buy-off foreign units. too many mercenary units for example could lead to troubles, turn somewhen against you and pillage a few cities and voila, their use will be restricted by the player himself.

Comment

and pay a certain amount for every turn....and NO support needed of course
          weird god, EUROPA

Comment

Working...
          X