Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metallurgy canceled... OK, but why to everyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metallurgy canceled... OK, but why to everyone?

Some Wonders effect should expire only to those nations that actually discover the advance that expires the wonder.
    The Great Wall should be still effective against civs that did not discover Metallurgy.
    You should still be able to get advances trough Great Library from civs that did not discovered Electricity. That is, even after YOU discovered Electricity!
    Your Oracle should be still effective until YOU discover Theology (maybe some 'friendly' civ will offer it to, you )

I agree.

Comment

Good idea.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Is there anyone who doesn't agree with this?

If I was in a good position (in civ1) sometimes I would postpone discovering gunpowder so I could keep the wall, you shouldn't have to do that.

------------------
        - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
        Mars Colonizer Mission
        - Biddles

"Now that our life-support systems are utilising the new Windows 2027 OS, we don't have to worry about anythi......."
        Mars Colonizer Mission

Comment

I agree

Comment

BTW, I think the Great Library should be canceled by Monotheism, not by Electricity!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by rremus on 12-18-2000 02:37 AM
              BTW, I think the Great Library should be canceled by Monotheism, not by Electricity!

Why? Frankly I can't see a reason for choosing one over the other.
              "L33T Master must not eat 'scuzzy' things from trash. Not healthy. Give bad gas." - MegaTokyo
              "Horses can not be Astronaughts..." - A Servbot

Comment

I think all wonders should just fade over time. It shouldn't be a once-and-done thing.

American Settler "Oh, those darn French discovered Metallurgy. Time to remove the Great Wall :sob:"

French Cannon "mwuhahahaha"

------------------
                Civilization Gaming Network Forums
                ~ The Apolyton Yearbook
                ~ The poster formerly known as "OrangeSfwr"
                "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by beyowulf on 12-18-2000 03:55 PM

Because our actual Library was burned by religious fanatics?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by rremus on 12-19-2000 05:19 AM
                    Originally posted by beyowulf on 12-18-2000 03:55 PM

Because our actual Library was burned by religious fanatics?
                    Yeah, but that doesn't have anything necessarily to do with the concept of monotheism. Maybe the discovery of Fascism, might be a better choice.
                    "L33T Master must not eat 'scuzzy' things from trash. Not healthy. Give bad gas." - MegaTokyo
                    "Horses can not be Astronaughts..." - A Servbot

Comment

Working...
                    X