No announcement yet.

Does the AI respect artillery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean, use offensively. The AI does use artillery, but only from within their cities, mostly to attack your ships or to destroy tile improvements (if the city is near the border). They rarely attack ground units, and only if you have units gathering near their city.

Edited: Oh, sorry, it was a response to fittstim's post, I didn't see the other replies.
    "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
    --George Bernard Shaw
    A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
    --Woody Allen

Comment

I use artillery almost to excess, and I do believe they respect it. I have seen the AI use artillery offensivly and defensivly, but I think the offensive use was because the unit happend to move within range of my units when it was bieng moved across the field.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

The AI is quite good at air combat though. Wonder why they master air combat/carriers but not catapults.

Comment

Experiment-- edit AI preferences for bombard units from defensive to offensive and then play a game with those values. You should see a difference in AI action. {No I haven't tried it yet, but should treat bombard units same as other units and maximize for either defensive or offense.}

== PF

Comment

Working...
          X