Allies sharing wonder abilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allies sharing wonder abilities

In an alliance, the allies civs should be able to reap the benefits of each others wonders. This should stop, however on the moment the alliance is canceled. If allies could share wonders, this would make "team" games, easier. However, this should only apply to the allies, and not the allies allies. Otherwise everybody would just ally and the whole game would have access to the wonders.

:P Grrr
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

I do like this idea, worth discussion.

Comment

This should be in Civ III.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

i think this should depend on the wonder... how realistic would it be for 2 civs to share the great wall??? but something like marco polos or bachs should be shareable. this just seems realistic. allies in general should be much more willing to share (not like in mge or tot).
        [This message has been edited by DrFell (edited December 15, 2000).]

Comment

In fact, I think that certain Wonders, such as Cure for Cancer, should be of exclusive benefit to ONLY you for a set number of turns. After which, other nations, including enemy nations, will petition you for the technology. If you refuse, your reputation will suffer...and perhaps lead to all nations ganging up on you. This way, wonders not only stay more balanced throughout the game, but they add another interesting avenue for diplomatic decisions.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

good idea

Comment

What about nations joint-building wonders? The French built the Statue of Liberty for the Americans, Womens Suffrage was done by women in Britian and the US (but more Britian).

------------------
              "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

"Gotta love me"- Baby, Dinosaurs

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by red_jon on 12-17-2000 04:23 PM
                What about nations joint-building wonders? The French built the Statue of Liberty for the Americans, Womens Suffrage was done by women in Britian and the US (but more Britian).

??? Excuse Me, women's suffrage was first granted in NEW ZEALAND in 1893, a hell of a long time before Britain and America got it.
                Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

It was also granted in Germany before the UK and US. Sorry, didn't know about NZ.

But I think the wonder is about the suffering the women went through to get womens suffrage (in the UK a woman died from throwing herself at the king's horse).

Still, its getting off topic.

------------------
                  "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills, we shall never surrender!" -Winston Churchill

"Gotta love me"- Baby, Dinosaurs

Comment

Working...
                  X