Tech Leakage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech Leakage

In modern ages (1960 and later) if you discover a tech other civs should be able find the secret. Mabey this should be that if another civ starts researching a tech that another civ discovered they should have a certain percentage already done. This could be:
    Allied civ-75%
    Peace-50%
    cease fire-25%
    war-0%

I like it, but the war figure should be bigger. And the other numbers smaller maybe something like:

- contact 5 %
    - war 10%
    - cease fire 15 %
    - peace treaty 20 %
    - alliance 25 %

stuff

Comment

Not only in modern time: exploration, trade and diplomacy will be more than enough in ancient age also.

Technologies and discoveries "exchange" are surely as old as Roman and Greeks, Cristoforo Colombo, Marco Polo voyage to China, etc. etc.

And in alliance state the different Civ should be able to share the research effort: all summarized "bulbs" directed into the same project, as for modern international project or old researcher that worked for different "sponsor" sharing their own discover (their brain = whole modern research team ).

------------------
      Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I like this idea.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Stuff2 on 12-11-2000 04:39 AM

- war 10%

War should be lower unless you have espianage

Comment

Definitely. When you're at war with someone, you don't get normal commerce and trade. You have to make up for it with espionage. You might get a little extra in military techs, but that's about it.

--
            Jared Lessl

Comment

There should be a difference bewteen the different variety of techs. "Atomic Weapons" wouldn't be as easily leaked as "Computers". Meanwhile "Conservation" would be easier to leak than both of them.

Military advances should have a -5% modifier, while cultural advances should have a +5% modifier.
              [This message has been edited by Rollo Tomasi (edited December 12, 2000).]
              You only live twice; when you are born, and again when you look death in the face.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Rollo Tomasi on 12-12-2000 04:17 PM
                There should be a difference bewteen the different variety of techs. "Atomic Weapons" wouldn't be as easily leaked as "Computers". Meanwhile "Conservation" would be easier to leak than both of them.

I agree to this
                [This message has been edited by QW1020 (edited December 16, 2000).]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Rollo Tomasi on 12-12-2000 04:17 PM
                  Military advances should have a -5% modifier,

Will that say I will lose, and not get advances? It have no meaning...

------------------
                  Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Yes!!
                  birteaw@online.no
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The overal idea is a good one, provided that:

- The percentage leakage only occur to civs that have discovered certain strategic techs.
                    - Only the overal single science-leader (usually the veteran civ-player) leaks any tech-knowledge.
                    - The weaker civs (in terms of overal science) never leaks anything. Neither to the leader, nor between themselfes.

The reason to above restrictions is that the whole idea, easily "smears out" otherwise.

Also, be careful in suggesting too high percentage-leakages - it shouldnt be that easy to get free-rides, without having to invest as much in "hardware" science-improvements.

QW1020:s suggestion almost nullifies the need for weaker civs to build science-improvements, for crying out load!

Allied civ-75%
                    Peace-50%
                    cease fire-25%
                    war-0%

Rollo Tomasi quote:

"Military advances should have a -5% modifier, while cultural advances should have a +5% modifier."

Thats OK, but at the same time; be carefull not to make this idea unnecessary overloaded with lots of boolean modifiers, and whatnot.

Follow the KISS-rule = Keep It Simple Stupid.

Comment

Working...
                    X