Coastal fortresses not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coastal fortresses not working?

I've never seen them bombard a passing ship, even though it claims they do.

At least they don't cost any upkeep.
    "Perseus wore a magic cap so that the monsters he hunted might not see him. We draw the magic cap down over our own eyes and ears so as to deny that there are any monsters" - Karl Marx

The AI is good at avoiding them and you can only see the bombardment when it's successful. I've only seen it once.

Comment

what i wouldve liked firaxis to do with coastal fortress is have the improvement be something like an immobile artillery that you can actually control and choose targets. range 2, maybe similar stats as artillery, but gets 2 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
        what i wouldve liked firaxis to do with coastal fortress is have the improvement be something like an immobile artillery that you can actually control and choose targets. range 2, maybe similar stats as artillery, but gets 2 shots.
        It would be too powerful. The coastal fortresses would have to be more expensive to build and to maintain, in order to achieve some balance.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

... and it would be pointless. Why to build fortress if 2 artilleries can do the job? I think they need to provide range, rate of fire or bombard value bonus on naval units.

Comment

If only they would fire at any ship that comes adjacent to them (not only ships crossing their ZOC) Coastal Fortresses would be useful. Then ships (except battleships) would have to take CF fire if they wanted to bombard a CF city.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
              If only they would fire at any ship that comes adjacent to them (not only ships crossing their ZOC) Coastal Fortresses would be useful. Then ships (except battleships) would have to take CF fire if they wanted to bombard a CF city.
              ... and this is how CFs should work, so you can justify the investment made.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

yuo can up theri effect in the editor(I think)
                Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
                X