Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Game will you be playing while waiting for Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Game will you be playing while waiting for Civ3?

It seems like a long wait until Civ3 comes out, so what games will you be into until then?

I know I will personally be involved in more internet based games.. one of those being the Star Wars Combine(free internet game ) www.swcombine.com in preperation for Star Wars Galaxies (expensive internet game ) www.starwarsgalaxies.com

Also I'll be playing Civ2. What about you guys?
    [This message has been edited by CivilizationCanuck (edited December 03, 2000).]
    [This message has been edited by CivilizationCanuck (edited December 03, 2000).]

Waiting for civ3, I will be playing SMAC/x, a new RPG called "Sea Dogs" (suppose to be just like Sid's Pirates!) and also a bit of ctp2!

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Depends. I usually have these bouts of intensified gaming, alterning with Panzer General 2, Civ, Alpha Centauri, Nethack, Colonization, Ufo: Enemy Unknown, and whatnots. If I happen to get Tropico, Republik: The Revolution, or Europa Universalis, those will probably join the game cycle.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

You know, this might make an interesting poll:

Which strategy game will you be playing the most while waiting for Civ3?

*** Name Some Popular Choices Here ***

------------------
        Zero (formerly jrhughes98)

Comment

Silly question. Civ2, of course!

------------------
          If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

hmmm...I'll be playing HW:Catacysm,SMAcX,Civ2:ToT, perhaps ImperialGalacticaII,etc.
            It hurts to be on the cutting edge!

Comment

I'll be playing CTP2 once a patch and or some mods come out. Possibly some Civ2 scenarios and I'll try Colonization. But once Europa Universalis comes out, I should be very content for the rest of the wait for Civ3

Comment

I'll be playing CTP2 and BG2, and then BG2, Pool Of Radiance 2 and NeverWinterNights, and I think even Halo and Warcraft 3 should be out before Civ3 comes out.

And I don't really like Star Wars Galaxies cause I think there's only a very limited professions you can have.

------------------
                No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)
                No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

I heard in Star Wars Galaxies that you will have plenty of professions to choose from. Bounty Hunting to running your own business.

Warcraft 3 looks interesting also.

Comment

As usual, I'll be working my mack with the ladies until I hold that Civ3 CD in my hands. Then its time to lock myself in my room for three months.

Comment

Duh...
                      CIVILIZATION's (any version!)
                      But mostly MGE, a few rounds of Dark-Reign here and there, certainly intergalactic struggles within Pax.
                      Definitely coming back again and again to CIV's scenarios.
                      What a strange question!

Comment

I am playing Imperialism II but it is not as funny as expected therefore I am going to buy ctp2.

Comment

The only strategy game to rival the CIV series is Championship Manager 3.

I play as many point and click adventure games as I can get my hands on.

Comment

Railroad Tycoon II,
                            Rolercoaster Tycoon,
                            CTPII,
                            TOT-Civ2,
                            Homeword:Cataclism
                            (~HM~)

Drakenred,

who redefines "Reading Between the line"

Thank God for HTML!

Comment

Right now, I'm playing castlevania: symphony of the night for the playstation. After that, if I can get a hold of a copy, Civ 2 MGE . If not, I have no idea. I'll probably just sit around board, replying to these forums and going to school. Or I'll start another game on Castlevania, ot Final Fantasy Tactics (one of the best RPG's around, if you're into RPG's, you should try it ).
                              I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

Working...
                              X