Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your average score (without milking the game)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your average score (without milking the game)

What scores do you usually get?
    I never really play to get the highest score possible. I just want to win (i.e. I only need content citizens and not necessary too many happy ones). My scores are usually between 1500 and 2000. I reach 5600 once with a conquer vic in the early AD, monarch.
    I think some guys out there are really trying to milk each game. Isn't that too tedious for you?

I don't play for the score. But, if I'm in a clearly superior position, humming all the way along to victory, I try to improve my numbers a little bit. It is always good to be in a higher spot in the hall of fame.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

i don't think many people start a game thinking that they must get a good score. i normally get 1000 - 5000. i once got 34 in one game after a early war that i lost!

Comment

My highest in PTW, (with only 3 games ive actually finished) is 2175 on Regent i think on Standard map size. Not to great, but oh well, i dont usually play for high score, but i DO like to see myself beat my last Hall of Fame entry at the end

Comment

4500 is quite average for me ... but i always play on emperor... maybe i get a score multiplyer for playing on higher level???

Comment

Best score? Around 10,000+.
            I was playing small map games on Monarch to try out rushing strategies in anticipation of PTW release. And that's the score a 500BC conquest victory nets you...

The scoring system is biased HEAVILY in favor of early victories as everybody can tell you...

IIRC, other than that "exploitation", I usually rarely finish my games so my hall of fame has mostly 1-2k scores If you have setup an empire twice as large as any other, have 25 cities with factories pumping out tanks with most AIs quite a bit away from Replaceable Parts, is it worth your time to actually DO the conquest? I did it once for the experience but I have way too few hours of CIV III time to spend them playing an "already-won" game with a ton of unit micromanagement... Hence my lack of milked scores...
            Theseus: "winning through research, trade, and diplomacy is (I think) actually more sophisticated than through war" 03/12/2002

" Oui, c’est l’Europe, depuis l’Atlantique jusqu'à l’Oural, c’est l’Europe, c’est toute l’Europe, qui décidera du destin du monde ! "
            De Gaulle, Strasbourg, novembre 1959.

Comment

Does the score board show up after the barbarian hammer thingy? My game seems to crash after that...
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                Does the score board show up after the barbarian hammer thingy? My game seems to crash after that...
                Vanilla Civ3 or PTW?

Comment

The few games I actually finish gets 3-6000 points at emperor or monarch levels. I rarely milk the games, but love to have a big and happy nation, which gives high score. I once got 14000 at regent by conquering a tiny map in 2700BC.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

My average score is about 10,500. I play on Emperor, and try to win the game by 500-600 AD. I never "milk" games, but try to get a high score by winning an early domination victory. I usually play standard or small maps. The earlier the victory, the higher the score.

Comment

Score is map and difficulty dependant. All else being equal, difficulty is a multiplier to population and territory score, 1-6 Chieftain-Deity. The early victory bonus is also multiplied the same way.

I would guess I score somewhere around 2000 * the difficulty modifier on average.

Comment

Plain old Civ3, I do use "extra" leaderheads... maybe they don't have the necessary small head for the scoreboard.
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I usually score between 2000-4500 points. Most of my game are Emperor on Standard maps.

Comment

Pretty much around 3000, every time. I can't seem to get away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

I would guess I score somewhere around 2000 * the difficulty modifier on average.
                              Yup... that's about what I get too. But only when playing my games to the end, which means it's not really average for me, as there are quite a few games that would rather give 1200*level which are abandonned.

And I (nearly) always play huge maps, so early conquest is not my game (archer rushes OTOH are part of all my big scoring games)

DeepO

Comment

Working...
                              X