Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best starting position you've had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen that screenshot before, I do believe. It's ridiculous. There is no other word for it.

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I played on a giga archi map with 80% water. I was in the middle of a large cont that went generaly north to south, it was also sort-of shapped like a backwards "3". Although I was in a lot of Jungle, just east of my capital was lots of cows and gold. Just to the north was a 1 tile "land bridge" and to the south was about 3 tiles. So placing spearmen there to prevent enemy settlers from grabing any land helped a lot. In the end, it was a cake walk, but it was a very fun cakewalk.

I keep that original save, for kicks. It was one of the best computer generated maps I ever played on.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

how about the best start I've ever seen?

This the link to Spiffor's thread is here
        "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Working...
        X