Down With "Prepared Governments"!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Down With "Prepared Governments"!

Well, what do you think. Should Civ III use SE or use prepared governments like in Civ II. Here are some pros and cons.

Pros:

SE: Many combos possible; have a unique government.

Governments: Simple; civs cannot be better because of their government because the others will eventually catch up.

Cons:

SE: since Civ does not use idologies the civs might all use the same combo.

Governments: Absolutly no flexability.

Well?
    "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
    "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
    "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Personally I would prefere SE governments, because it would be more options and coustomibility. For example, here in Norway we have a king, but we are also a democracy. In civ as we have it now, this would be impossible. Of course it is many more important things it can be used to, maybe it could be possible to make our own economical systems!! Just think of a N O - M O N E Y - communistic-thougth-control government!

------------------
    Who am I? What am I? Do we need Civ? Yes!!
    birteaw@online.no
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I think it should be a very wide SE system. After all, even the democracies now days are so very different and complex that there's no chance of "one" democracy representing both brittain, usa, israel, sweden etc.

I suggest the following new fields:

attitude:
      Fascistic - Nationalistic - Neutral - Universal
      rule by:
      one man - small govt. - parliament - people's rally

Comment

BUMP

No one has any more to say?!?
        "I agree with everything i've heard you recently say-I hereby applaud Christantine The Great's rapid succession of good calls."-isaac brock
        "This has to be one of the most impressive accomplishments in the history of Apolyton, well done Chris"-monkspider (Refering to my Megamix summary)
        "You are redoing history by replaying the civs that made history."-Me

Comment

I'm for SE, as long as its better than SMAC's was. It should be more in-depth with more combinations and choices.

Comment

Working...
          X