No announcement yet.

A quick CivIII bit to put your minds at ease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes! Hotseat is crucial. Many people (including me) love multiplayer and play it over extended periods of time (say everyone makes 10 moves per day ...). We don't all have more than one computer to play with friends/siblings. Hotseat is a wonderful function of Civ II Gold and Tot, please don't kill it.
    Rome rules

Comment

• yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotseat!

I currently use Civ2 Hack, but the diplomacy is not that good, though.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Hotseat yes!!! But please fix it so when the ai is "impersonating" your civ during your opponants turn it will not do things like switching your govt from dem to com!!

The journey itself is the thing~Odysseus

Comment

• Hey Dan, I know I was a "tad" rude about the Firaxis team earlier, but hey, I'm the forum troll

Please have a look at this thread and the one it links to. I hope you guys are going to do better for the multiplayer community than what Activision has done with CTP II. As you can see, many people, including some of the best players and game/scenario developers, just won't buy a game if its no good for MP.

http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum2/HTML/001908.html?5#5

Also, can you confirm that players will be able to netsurf and use icq during multiplayer games like they can with Civ2? I suppose this means keeping the game in a window which can be minimised. These are important features, particularly when starting gamnes or when players lose their connection. We either start/restart using icq or post on Apolyton if someone's icq is down. That way players who are still in the game don't have to back out. Some of us actually do work on our computers between turns. Also when others have long turns net surfing is essential for sanity's sake and the idea in CTP II of confining diplomacy to your own turn is insane - to speed turns we always do diplo in other people's turns.

------------------
          Chaos, panic and disorder - My work here is done.
          [This message has been edited by Alexander's Horse (edited November 28, 2000).]

Comment

• just so long as there is scenario support and enough people churning them out, im hapy
            And God said "let there be light." And there was dark. And God said "Damn, I hate it when that happens." - Admiral

Comment

Working...
            X