Restrictions on building Apollo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restrictions on building Apollo

Quick question about a bit of oddness. In my last game, the computer would not let me build the Apollo Program in my most productive city, but would let me build it in another, nearly identical city (i.e., about the same size, same number of improvements, etc.). The only difference I could see between the two cities was that the one I could build in was one I had founded, while the one I couldn't build in was one I had conquered (though it wasn't in resistance or disorder). So: is there some restriction of building the Apollo program that the Civilopedia and manual both neglect to mention? TIA.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

aluminum?

Comment

Some thoughts, was the city building something and have it rushed? Any other things done that increases the shileds for the build in progress? You can not shift to a wonder in those types of situations.

Comment

You are not allowed to switch production to a wonder/smallwonder, if you have been building something else before and disbanded an unit to increase production.
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaglo
          You are not allowed to switch production to a wonder/smallwonder, if you have been building something else before and disbanded an unit to increase production.
          Ah, I think that's it; I had just conquered a city that had the Pyramids, and had begun selling my granaries. Many thanks.
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

People in these forums refer to the shields you get when you disband/rush buy/chop wood as 'polluted shields'. Which cannot be used for wonder construction.
            Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

I had this exact same thing happen, but it was the Forbidden Palace not the Apollo Wonder

Comment

Working...
              X