More places for Cities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More places for Cities

With certain advancements (like underwater living facilities, underground living facilities, and space colonization) You should be able to build underwater and underground cities, and Moon and Mars colonies. The underwater and underground cities would give way to more fantastical scenerios with mermaid cities in the oceans and dwarven cities in the high mountains (laired so that one city might virtically overlap another). And perhaps even playing the civilization game on multiple worlds (fighting for control of the Moon and Mars as well as Earth, or other planets and/or their moons). Suggestions?
    I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

For scenario's this could be nice. Otherwise, it's tech from far into the future.

However, I put waterworks in my tech tree - with the discovery of The Mill - which allows settlers to change sea squares into land (and vice versa).

------------------
    If you have no feet, don't walk on fire
    A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
    Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

cool idea, Ribannah

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ribannah on 11-10-2000 10:00 AM
        For scenario's this could be nice. Otherwise, it's tech from far into the future.

Actually that's the main reason why I started this idea in the first place. As I said in the starter post, you could have scenarios with mermaid civs in the sea, and dwarven/underground civs in the high mountains.
        I don't have much to say 'cause I won't be here long.

Comment

quote:

Actually that's the main reason why I started this idea in the first place. As I said in the starter post, you could have scenarios with mermaid civs in the sea, and dwarven/underground civs in the high mountains.

What you are describing is "Test of Time"; which might have worked, If they inverted the map or made it look like "Afterlife" with all levels on the same screen.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Actually, what would have been nice in TOT would have been if they had the four maps laid out as though there were two on the top and two on the bottom (rather than one on top of the other). You would be on one map at a time and could move from the left side of one and end on the right side of another for example.

Building a scenario with two or more parts of the world was VERY difficult because you couldn't move units correctly from one map to the correct point on the other map without inverting continents which wouldn't be wrong but it still looks dumb. In the case of my WWII scenario, i just did not allow the maps to connect so it was like playing two games.

------------------
            "...The highest realization of warfare is to attack the enemy's plans; next is to attack their alliances; next to attack their army; and the lowest is to attack their fortified cities." - Sun Tzu

Dom Pedro II.... aka Hannibal3

Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).
            Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

Yes, the map needs to be larger so you can show the entire world on a WWII (Large Scale) Map, or even a WWI (Large Scale) Map!
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
              X