Quick map question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick map question

An obvious question that seems to have been left out of the manual: what are the actual tile-dimensions of the various maps (small, standard, large, huge)?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm new to this forum. Thanks.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

I believe that 1 tile is supposed to be 10x10=100 square miles, independent of the map size (I am not 100% sure about the map-size independency, but on Standard Maps, it is 10x10, that I know for sure).

The easiest way to find out is to check the F11 screen right after you found your first city. Whatever it says for your land area, divide it by 9 and you get the area of one tile.

Comment

Easier way is to go into editor and see the world size for the different maps.

== PF

Comment

Originally posted by planetfall
        Easier way is to go into editor and see the world size for the different maps.

== PF
        Thanks! I forgot about the editor; if there had been a cheat mode, I was prepared to Reveal Map and count tiles, but this is much, much easier. Mucho gracias again.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Working...
        X