No announcement yet.

Warring For Iron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Sword-level early and aggressive strategy is perhaps one of the only reasons to put up with a Despotic GA. It doesn't make sense all the time, but when it does, watch out... much less considering the uber-Sword UUs, and the upgrade to MedInf.

Rome is not my favorite civ, but with the Legions it is pretty indomitable on a not-too-spread-out map.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Iron Rules

Strangely, being that my full Hash name is the Steel Beagle of Changmai - I always used to go straight for Literature every time.

More recently I have switched to going for iron to be able to identify and protect the iron resources. They are just too valuable. I need them for swordsmen for any culture, and if I can keep them away from the Romans and the Persians it makes a big difference in my chance of survival.

Then I mass and attack. The downside, of course if a despotic GA, so I generally hold my fire until I become King if I'm Roman
      Many are cold, but few are frozen.No more durrian, please. On On!

Comment

Working...
      X