beta testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beta testing

Has anyone heard anything about firaxis having beta testing or anything? just curious

It's too early to know for certain how it will go, since it'll depend on what the publisher has in mind(their dough). I've said before an open public beta test sounded good, and it still does. Chances are we won't be doing a closed public beta (ala SMAC/SMACX/SMA). They're very time consuming to manage and don't really solve compatibilty testing as well as I'd like.
    More to come.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I hope things work out and a public beta test happens I would think that would be very helpful in the development

Comment

I'm surprised by that post - in the past we've all been expecting that Civ3 would simply to closed beta - cause if I'm not mistaken, even civ2 was closed.. (not sure though)

It'll be good new if it went public, though, at least we'd finally get some info on the game!

------------------
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
        No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

woohoo open beta testing! that's the best news I've heard all day!
          Apolyton Empress
          "Tongue tied and twisted, just and earth bound misfit..."

"Sanity is the playground for the unimaginative" --found on a bathroom wall

Comment

good, I just wonder when we will be able to test it...

Comment

Couldn't find a place to ask this question. We play the latest Civ game (Test of Time, I believe. I have CivI, CivII, CivII Gold or special.

We utilize the Hot Seat option and thoroughly enjoy the game.It allow us all to play the game on the same computer. The new CTP II game seems to be leaving this option out, so we wil not purchase that game. We also play CTPI reguarly in Hot Seat mode. Will Civ III have the Hot Seat option?

thanks

Comment

Awesome...public beta!
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Working...
                X