No announcement yet.

How do you feel about pollution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing annoys me about pollution: its graphics. I hate that orange goo. Is there a graphic mod that alters pollution?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
      Did it start that way, or did pollution create it?
      Global Warming. It started as a normal world. Let your global warming indicator get into the red zone and you too can be the proud owner of lots of desert. In the game I'm thinking of at least 20 tiles a turn degraded towards desert .
      Seemingly Benign
      Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Pollution is the price of growth. Civ is a game about give and take. Sometimes you have to control your growth until you're in a position to deal with the pollution it causes. I don't really like pollution, just accept it. Hate the orange goo, though. Maybe a graphic of discarded beer cans and dead fish?
        "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

Changing the graphics of pollution shouldn't be too hard. There's probably some graphic mod for it in the files section.
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Pollution in Civ 3 is IMO kinda screwed. By the time pollution kicks in, you have got an army of workers that has probably finished optimizing your land. You just set two dozen Workers to auto-pollution cleaning, and that's all. Sometimes I will have 100+ automated workers resting in my cities with nothing to do that will clean any pollutiont that appears immediately. That way, I find it kinda boring.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Without the auto-clear-pollution this consumes a lot of time... thus I don't like pollution...

I think the pollution should be something you cannot handle at all.

When city reaches certain size and has certain improvements (factories for instance), the disease and crop failures should increase, thus making it more difficult for the city grow.
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Pollution itdelf isn't so bad...but this global warming nonsense has to go!
                "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                X