How do you feel about pollution?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about pollution?

Does polution help or hurt your enjoyment of Civ 3, or do you care?
    I like having pollution play a role.
    60.53%
    I'd enjoy the game more if they got rid of pollution.
    21.05%
    I wish they had it only as an effect of nuclear weapons.
    2.63%
    I don't care much one way or the other.
    7.89%
    Let's pollute the world with banana peels!
    7.89%

It gives something for your workers to do when your empire is all built up.
    Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
    King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
    ---------
    May God Bless.

Comment

Is there a key to put a worker on Automatic Pollution Clean Up only?

Comment

If you could tell workers to stay on Clean up pollution, and they wouldn't wake up whenever the country was clean, it would be fine.

Having to keep a worker force ready and then push them to the pollution when it does show up is a terrible idea of fun.

Comment

I'm not sure about Civ3 because I never produced that much pollution in my games. But in my current game in Play the World my automated workers are cleaning pollution. But anyway, I like having pollution be important.
          "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Shift-P will do the trick

1 thing, I really would have liked some countermeasures, forests should lower global warming (proven IRL or not).
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Shift-P will do the trick
              I thought I remembered reading some keys worked. Thanks.

Comment

The only thing I really dislike about pollution is remembering to go back to the nearby city in order to put a worker back on the cleaned-up tile.

Comment

I like pollution in the game. It surely hurts you when you have a big industrial powerforce. I only wish it could be reduced by some countermeasures, as alva said.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Recycling and mass transit pretty much eliminate it.
                    Seemingly Benign
                    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I would like a worker function that automated the worker until pollution appeared, then the worker would immediatly cease work and clean up the pollution.

Besides that, the system is pretty good. I wish global warming has a more severe effect, though.
                      Lime roots and treachery!
                      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I hate pollution and have since civ2, but at least you could terraform the damag of Global Warming.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclotron7
                          I wish global warming has a more severe effect, though.
                          I've got an all desert world save or 2 lying around. I think it can be pretty severe (not as bad as SMAC though).
                          Seemingly Benign
                          Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Shift-P will send workers to pollution to clean it, and when they finish they will look for more. If there is more, they go about their business. If there isn't, then you have to give them commands.

If Shift-P would make them go into sentry mode in a nearby city until pollution showed up then the tedium of the late game would be reduced.

Pollution as a force that curbs the growth of the empire and brings a dark side to massivly producing cities is good. Pollution as a busy work inducing mass off orange goo that forces the player to put settlers to sleep until there is pollution is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WarpStorm
                              I've got an all desert world save or 2 lying around. I think it can be pretty severe (not as bad as SMAC though).
                              Did it start that way, or did pollution create it?
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                              X