Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have any misgivings about attacking/destroying your Real Life civilisation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While I don't allow any civilization to stand in the way of my global dominion, I must admit some bias to America. If America is a fairly weak country, I usually play the big brother role and help it out. If it is my size, I try to partner up with Abe.

I would probably have a slight bias to the Germans, but since I usually play them, it doesn't matter.

Comment

England.. hmm stick it up your jumper

I have no misgivings about burning Birmingham to the ground
      (notice how it has mings name in there again, shows you its another mingapulco in the making)
      just joking..

I'm sure some people are happy to beat their own country with a big stick, I quite like Elizabeth Ist though and her ships, but monarchies are stupid things and England does have many very stupid people, like our rightwing Prime ministers.

Humans generally think things are better anywhere but home, but they have a strange sense of attachment to what they know and have seen, so psychologically find it difficult going against their own.

Its a bit different when your parents are NEw zealander and scottish, then you get 3 'civs' to conquer (including ENGLAND)

In my recent big roman game (played till Flight and Tanks, so far) I kept england in a corner on my continent, protecting it from France which is kind of thrilling, but they will have to give up their tea drinking shortly and eat spaghetti! Muhaha
      They seem to prefer the germans to me! so elizabeth will have to sit in my dungeon , can have some fun with her later.

Comment

I don't know, I don't play anyone other than the Americans... But I do enjoy crushing the world under the heel of American Industrial and Technical might!

Comment

I have no problem crushing America (I think they're lame). All civs blend into one giant civ called The Enemy. I respect the ancient civs a lot more because often their UUs cost me the game.

Comment

A target?

Aside from protecting or keeping a civ alive, do you people have any preferred targets for agression? Mine's Russia, for pure historical reasons... I'd prefer Josif Vissiarovich Dhugasvili (wonderif I spell that correctly...) as the opposer, but...

(That's me smacking Cathy into a pulp.)
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Not preferred, but if Rome is close or Persia, I want to get them before they get the UU up and running. If they are far away then I do not sweat them.

Comment

I am quite partial to kicking the s##t out of the Persians, but whoever is unlucky enough to start next to me always dies. Quite sadistic I know but its only a game.
                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I have no preferences but to smash the civ that I think I can overwhelm and fast. The smallest differs from game to game.
                  I wish for a custom avatar - it would give me some individuality.
                  I am a dissenter of the required first/last name fields.

Comment

I take out my immediate neighbors first, then the rest of the civ's on MY continent. Then the rest
                    * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                    * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                    * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                    * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

These days I usually play England anyway, out of sheer Nationalism, However, When I used to play as Rome i have to admit originally being reluctant to attack England, however, after Elizibeth backstabbed me my 'misgiving' ended there.

I just to attack to Germany and France these days tho, after all, i am playing for FUN,

Like a few others here, i also take delight in Crushing Russia, due to arrogance of Cathy.

If America is in the game, i also try and maintain the good relationship between our countries that exist in real-life , unless of course, they start right next to me.
                      Up The Millers

Comment

Re: England.. hmm stick it up your jumper

Originally posted by Admiral PJ
                        so elizabeth will have to sit in my dungeon , can have some fun with her later.

Comment

I have no qualms with b***hslapping Abe, he has double-crossed me so many times it's not even funny. I especially hate it when he demands me to move my troops from his territory, and when I comply and ask him to do the same, he declares war on me. What a bum!

Comment

no, not really. but i must admitt that there are some civs i pick on especially.

Comment

Re: A target?

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                              ...do you people have any preferred targets for agression? Mine's Russia, for pure historical reasons...
                              Mine's Egypt but for personal reasons. When she's in her "furious" mode, Cleo reminds me of my ex-wife. First time I noticed that, I actually got so involved in taking Egypt out of the game that I ended up losing.
                              "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Comment

Re: A target?

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                                Aside from protecting or keeping a civ alive, do you people have any preferred targets for agression? Mine's Russia, for pure historical reasons...
                                The Aztecs are treacherous in game after game so I like to go after them whenever I can. In CivII I always liked attacking the English, I hated those little orange b@st@rds. But in Civ3 I don't feel the same irrational hatred for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X