Space race win

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Space race win

Has anyone actually completed the space ship and won this way? If so, what happens? Is there a "reward", like an ingame movie or someting like that?

I never get to complete my space ship before retiring in 2050, and I've never seen any AI opponent do it either. When I complete it after 2050, there's absolutely nothing happening afterwards.......

The Civ 1 & 2 "reward" with the arriving at AC is great!!
    "There is no reason what so ever for a person to have a computer in his home."
    - Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment, 1977

Yes, there is a movie if you launch before 2050 - I have launched many times... as a matter of fact, it is my most common type of victory. What difficulty level you play at?

Comment

Funny thing, I've never actually achieved that type of victory in Civ 3! Although that was my typical kind of victory for Civ 2 where I never had enough time to wipe all others civs out!

So long...
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Once was enough for me, now I turn it off.

Comment

Anyone seen the flic with my military advisor bragging about how "this fortress is inpenetrable"? I renamed it once to the starting movie, but haven't seen it otherwise... Wonder what's it for?
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack
            Yes, there is a movie if you launch before 2050 - I have launched many times... as a matter of fact, it is my most common type of victory. What difficulty level you play at?
            Well, I'm still finetuning my administrative methods and experimenting with the graphix, while getting the general "feeling" of the game firmly established in my inner physical realm , so I'm still playing on chieftain level. I guess I should move up to a higher level..... But it's also nice to just walk among the peasants, observing their daily life and........ Oh, well...

I presume achieving space race victory will be "easier" (read: faster) on a higher difficulty level, since U ask me that question......
            Last edited by Notech; November 14, 2002, 06:14.
            "There is no reason what so ever for a person to have a computer in his home."
            - Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment, 1977

Comment

Originally posted by Notech
              I presume achieving space race victory will be "easier" (read: faster) on a higher difficulty level, since U ask me that question......
              In a way, yes. On Chieftan, there really is nothing pressing you hard to be as effective as possible... Also, you get (research) bonuses over the AI players, so you have to research most of the techs on your own (instead of trading for them), which slows the game down somewhat. On Regent, it used to be fairly easy for me to launch in mid 1900s (and there are lots of players able to launch MUCH, I mean MUCH earlier)... My last pre-PtW game on Monarch ended with a launch in 2007 (not an impressive achievement, I know, but shows that it is pretty easy...).

Comment

In Monarch level I usually launch before 1900.
                Nym
                "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Earliest launch for me was 1938 on regent. Narrowly beating the french (they were working on the last component).

I find it a dissapointing victory... usually to early.
                  If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - SunTzu

Comment

I don't find the movie that fantastically great.

What I would really want is to have a message popup that says "Please insert SMAC disk" and run both games with interlinked turns and all.

Or am I just insane?

Comment

Originally posted by aahz_capone
                      I don't find the movie that fantastically great.

What I would really want is to have a message popup that says "Please insert SMAC disk" and run both games with interlinked turns and all.

Or am I just insane?

But wouldn't that be SMAC II?
                      So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                      Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Damn, with BR there won't be a SMAC2 I'm afraid...

I wonder if there are planet busters in rise of nations...

Comment

What about the UN victory, is there a different movie for that?
                          Have any of you tried winning that way?

Comment

Did UN once or twice, then turned it off. Might have to try it again with PtW SP, since it will be a factor in MP...

Comment

Originally posted by civilleader
                              What about the UN victory, is there a different movie for that?
                              Have any of you tried winning that way?
                              I have won in all ways at least once. There is no movie for other winning conditions than Space.
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X