Cities in Disorder succeed from the Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cities in Disorder succeed from the Union

Here's a cool idea for Civ3! How about this? A city that has been in civil disorder long enough or just goes into severe civil disorder might succeed from the Union and form their own civilization, or join an existing civilization. The farther the city is from the capitol, the more likely that city will succeed if it falls into civil disorder. And if other cities near a city that succeeds fall into civil disorder, they are more likely succeed as well. When this happens, you can declare a civil war and try to get those cities back. This makes a lot of sense, for example: British cities become American cities, Spanish cities become Mexican Cities. American cities become Confederate cities, etc. There should be an option to not allow succeeding if the human player(s) do not prefer it for a particular game.

------------------
    JRH

There's a similar discussion going on in the "Revolutions" thread. Go check it out!
    *grumbles about work*

Comment

How do I find the "Revolutions" thread?

------------------
      JRH

Comment

oh, nevermind!

------------------
        JRH

Comment

!

------------------
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary...
          No, in Australia we don't live with kangaroos and koalas in our backyards... Despite any stupid advertisments you may see to the contrary... (And no, koalas don't usually speak!)

Comment

I did a thread on this myself, not exactly like yours, but in the same idea, its at "Riots and Revolutions", it went nearly unawnsered. Go check it out if ya like.

Comment

Yeah, I had an idea just like that back when we were discussing what should be in CTP. No, really. I suggested having certain-named tribes split from the main one, like Confederates from Americans, Texans from Mexicans, Bavarians from Germans, etc, etc ,etc. and yes, I was ignored too!

Comment

Just for info, I noticed that posts referring to argument already debated some times ago, more often if included in "The List" or "Essential Civ", receive not many answers if any at all.

My suggestion is, when this happen, to take the hint and search deeply into the forum or to check "The List v.2" itself.

------------------
                Admiral Naismith AKA mcostant
                "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Working...
                X