How many turns till 2050?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many turns till 2050?

My friend and I would like to have a contest between us on one map for the highest score. I wish to divide the contest into so many turns a day but I'm not sure how many turns are reasonable. Can someone tell me how many turns are from 4000B.C. to 2050A.D.? Thankyou

I forget the number, but look in the editor. I think it is around 540.

Comment

How do I look in the editor, I've never used it before. I bought Civilization 3 last Christmas and its been sitting on the shelf a while. I'll keep looking but I seem to have looked everywhere...I even checked the help file.

Comment

540 is correct.

You can't change this in civ3 though, only in PTW.
        (or with Grampho's tool?)
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The help tells you how to get the the custom rules. There you can see how things are set by default and what those values are. In PTW you can set it up to 1000 turns (no thanks).

Comment

In PTW you can set it up to 1000 turns (no thanks).
            Oooooh! A PBEM game that lasts three years...

Comment

Look in your Civilization III folder for the file Civ3edit.exe. There is a separate PTW editor in the Civilization III\CIV3PTW folder.

Comment

From my notes, someone else's (sorry, I don't recall who) breakdown of the turn structure in "vanilla" Civ3:

PERIOD----------------YRS/TRN------TURNS
                4000 BC - 2750 BC---------50------------25
                2750 BC - 1750 BC---------40------------25
                1750 BC - 750 BC-----------25-----------40
                750 BC - 250 AD------------20------------50
                250 AD - 1250 AD----------10-----------100
                1250 AD - 1750 AD---------5------------100
                1750 AD - 1950 AD---------2------------100
                1950 AD - 2050 AD---------1------------100

540 turns total. YRS/TRNS don't vary with difficulty level.

-----

Being able to change this will be VERY nice ...

-Oz
                ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

well 1000 turns would only be like playing the length of 2 games.

wouldn't be THAT long.

Comment

Wouldn't be long at all, because although the years (turns) will take longer, everything else (production, tech, conquest, etc) will proceed faster, inversly proportional..

Comment

Working...
                    X