AI and Forbidden Palace/Rushing w/ Leaders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI and Forbidden Palace/Rushing w/ Leaders

is the AI smart enough to build a forbidden palace and place it in an ideal location? i know it takes a long time to build if you are not rushing it via leader, but is this a priority for AI as it is for humans? on a related note, does the AI use leaders to rush such big projects?

Haven't seen it myself but I've seen other posters reporting that the AI has beaten them to a wonder using a leader.
    Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Re: AI and Forbidden Palace/Rushing w/ Leaders

Originally posted by Minmaster
      is the AI smart enough to build a forbidden palace and place it in an ideal location? i know it takes a long time to build if you are not rushing it via leader, but is this a priority for AI as it is for humans? on a related note, does the AI use leaders to rush such big projects?
      No, the AI is rather stupid about the FP location. I once saw it build one in the city right beside the capital. Mind you that was a couple of patches ago, so maybe it's doing better now. Though I doubt it.

Comment

Naah, I think they still stick the FP right next to their capital in some cases. Don't know if this was fixed in PTW. They do indeed use leaders for rushing wonders some of the time though. If you see an AI leader, go out of your way to kill it.

Comment

I do not have a prolem with the FP being next ot the palace as long as you are plannnig to move the palace.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
            on a related note, does the AI use leaders to rush such big projects?
            I've seen the AI rush a great wonder.
            Last edited by Nor Me; November 12, 2002, 17:19.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
              I do not have a prolem with the FP being next ot the palace as long as you are plannnig to move the palace.
              Which the AI does not do...

I think it is because it is highly rated in the AI's built preference, therefore, they build it ASAP.

--Kon--
              Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Maybe we can learn something from the AI. Build FP ASAP, even if it will be close to your capital. I have often postponed building of the FP cause I just wanted to conquer the rest of the continent first. Which means that I will loose alot of money/science/shield to corruption. Thinking back, that's not very smart
                Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Is there a optimal distance for Fp and capitol, in squares?
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                    Is there a optimal distance for Fp and capitol, in squares?
                    It depends on the map size. IIRC , for huge it's about 30 squares.

Comment

I Don't Know if i have seen the AI build the FP next to the capital but i have seen the AI MOVE the palace without me or anyone else razing the existing capial.

Remember its the AI don't trust anything that doesn't bleed.
                      If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected - SunTzu

Comment

Working...
                      X