Still addicted to Civ3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still addicted to Civ3

After playing Civ3 for many months, are you still addited to it?
    Yes! I can hardly wait to get back to playing it!!!
    37.86%
    It's a great game that I play at least once a week.
    38.57%
    I'm kind of tired of it. I don't play it much anymore.
    19.29%
    I can't stand it. It's played to death.
    4.29%

Yes still addicted, play nearly every day. I was burned out for a while earlier in the year and I didn't play for a few months but I'm back in the swing of things and when I get PTW I'll be playing more than an hour or two a day!

Comment

I just stoped, or it would take too much time
      It's stil a great game and all, but I just think gaming-only lives don't make happy people. Like drugs, they may want their next dose but it's not drugs that's making them happy...
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Playing it the typical way only has its fun for so long, then I start being innovative; i.e., playing on chieftain with accelerated production and amassing a gigantic army that nobody can possibly counter because they're all several techs behind me. Nothing feels better than starting a war with everyone else, knowing that there's nothing any of them can do against your Empire.
        Some people say that today is the first day of the rest of your life. That's true, for every day but one: the day you die.

Comment

Voted #2, even though it would be more precise to say that I would like to play it at least once a week. Unfortunately, these time constraints... but I am definitely not getting tired of Civ3... perhaps just because I do not play that much last weeks. A couple of hours every two weeks, I think... if I get to play a computer game at all, then it's Civ3.

Comment

Voted #1.

I need TIME!!
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Unfortunately I cant vote on polls for some unknown reason, I have asked on the poly community forum but to no avail.

My choice is no 2 but mainly because I spend to much time here reading the forums.
              A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I have been playing less than I used to. I used to waste most of the day playing, but now I limit it to an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon and I don't play on the weekends. It depends on how much 'alone time' I have.

Comment

I stopped playing for about six months there but geared back up for PTW about a month before it came out.

Even though I am disappointed with the quality of MP, I'm a still hooked again.
                  "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

I can hardly wait until I get PTW..I will most definately be playing more than usual. Oh, well heck with the housework, there's civs to conquer!

Comment

i only play it when my wife lets me so i'm not bored yet
                      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Well, I really cannot vote since the options I love the game and still enjoy it is not up there. I do not play once a week or once a month I just play whenever I feel like it and I still have great interest for the game. Now with PTW coming out here in Germany I am planning some all nighters.

Same thing happened with Civ 2, I played it up to 2001 but not every week.

So long...
                        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

It should have an alarm feature so that you can say "I'm only going to play for one hour" and have some chance of keeping your word.

CTP2 used to have a similar feature but it would enforce it by totally crashing the system. The fact that no mention was made in the manual and the interval was random lead many hopeless cynics to suggest that it was a bug.

maybe civ3 should come with a small windup alarm clock as a marketing gimick.
                          Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

Voted nr.2, not because I'm not addicted anymore but I don't have enough time so usually I play only once or twice a week.
                            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                            --George Bernard Shaw
                            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                            --Woody Allen

Comment

Such a great game! Even on civ2 I was very addicted.
                              James Dean Shepherd
                              Jesus lives! :)
                              ----------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X