Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will Civ3 be patched anymore with release of PtW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will Civ3 be patched anymore with release of PtW?

for those who dont have PtW or dont plan to buy it, will there be patches for the vanilla civ3? i would like to see some of the tweaks and fixes that came with PtW to come to civ3.

Firaxis said long ago that 1.29f was the final version of Civ3.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Yes, they would never release another patch to Civ3, especially one that would add some things that can be found in PTW. This would defeat the whole purpose of releasing an expansion, wouldn't it?
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

In fact, Firaxis stopped to patch SMAC when the Alien Crossfire was available. IIRC someone of the team mentioned a discussion about a patch for SMAC that could cover only bugs already discovered and fixed in SMACX.

AFAIK, they had to forget these plans when all the (remaining) staff had to focus on Civ III development.
        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Civ3 patch? No.

PtW patch? Yes!

P.S.
          An interesting thing is that some Civ3 game, AI and editor bugs are fixed in PtW. But in order to get those fixes you'll need to buy PtW.

So PtW is not just XP, it's also an expensive "patch".

Comment

So that's what the f is for, in 1.29f. Theoretically, if I would get the PTW, not needing the MP, and with rather short on disk space, could I just install the whatever patch it would be, or do I need to install the whole cabncoozabang to get the best working Civ3?
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
              So that's what the f is for, in 1.29f. Theoretically, if I would get the PTW, not needing the MP, and with rather short on disk space, could I just install the whatever patch it would be, or do I need to install the whole cabncoozabang to get the best working Civ3?
              I don't think there is such an option. You'll have to fully install the expansion, MP and all.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

They didn't really 'patch' Civ3 higher than 1.29f. They added a new program that has the enhancements (both single and multiplayer).

BTW, the f means final, b means beta.
                Seemingly Benign
                Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                X