No announcement yet.

still dont get coastal fortress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot coastal fortresses have longer range?

About the artillery, I read somewhere that if artillery resides in square bombarded by naval unit, it has a chance to return fire...?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I dont know how many of you have seen or read Guns of Navarone, but in it, the coastal fortress installed with 2 artillery guns knocked out any ally ship and had great range. i wish the coastal fortress was more like an artillery in civ3 where u can actually bombard with it. maybe coastal fortress should give us an option of placing an artillery unit inside it and let us bombard ships passing near it. like giving coastal fortress Load option and placing artillery inside it that we actually have to produce. doing this SHOULD actually give artillery lethal SEA bombardment and the only way to actually destroy ships with land artillery!

Comment

In the Apolyton University mod the Coastal Fortress is required to upgrade naval units (instead of harbours), thus making it useful. IMO, the drawback is that it comes a little too late in the tech tree, after you want to start upgrades.

Comment

Yes those were naval guns. I think 10".

Comment

Originally posted by Slax
            IMO, the drawback is that it comes a little too late in the tech tree, after you want to start upgrades.
            You are also forced to take the lower (Wonder-poor) technology path if you want to launch invasions without having to build your caravel navy from scratch.

BTW, this change is no longer part of the AU Mod as of version 1.05.

Comment

Working...
            X