Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do my troops keep demolishing cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do my troops keep demolishing cities?

Sorry I tried a search. I just installed 1.29 and now when I conquer an AI city it is automatically razed. Why can't I take control over their city?
    Last edited by Myshkin; November 9, 2002, 18:23.

AFAIK, only population 1 cities with no culture are automatically destroyed.
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

thanks for the response. I haven't played since any of the updates. Do most people wait for the AI city to grow to 2 or just conquer them either way. (I don't usually build to many cities. I just expand through victories)

Comment

I wouldn't mourn the loss of too many size-1 AI cities. If you so despeartely want a city there, just invade with a few settlers in your army.
        None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

No need to wait for pop as all that is required is they have a culture of at least 10. That will happen soon after the cities founded. So if they have a city and pop a worker or a settler and drop to size 1 you can still capture it.

Comment

Working...
          X