All the civs at once

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the civs at once

I am sure this has been asked before, but I can not find it. Is there a way to have all the civs on the map at the same time?

This was not such a big deal before, but with PTW and the extra civs available, it would be interesting to play.

Could someone direct me to where I could find information on how to change that.

Thanks

It's in the Editor for Civ III, I've played small maps with 16 civs, so I know you can do it.

But I don't know if you can get 24 from PTW, because I don't have it yet.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Man I can not image trying to contact 24 civs.

Comment

You can get all 24 in a PTW scenario. Contact is fairly easy. The biggest problem is trying to keep track of diplomatic relations (I don't bother trying to get the whole picture, just those I think are "major" players).
        Seemingly Benign
        Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Tuberski:

16 civs on a small map? I congratulate you! (Actually, how many survived by the time you had contact with all of them? )
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
            Tuberski:

16 civs on a small map? I congratulate you! (Actually, how many survived by the time you had contact with all of them? )
            I played on cheiftain, just to see what it was like, and suprisingly enough, I ended up defeating almost every civ by myself.

I had the romans and greeks practically in my back yard, so they didn't last long.

I think the game went to 400 AD or so.

I was still using knights.

By the time I had contact with the last civ, there were four left on another continent.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

16 civs on tiny map on chieftain. I had contact with every civ in no time.

lost like 1 city but got in back and dominate dthe rest of the game

for 24 you have to go through the scenario editor.

Comment

mebbe it's better if you ask PtW questions in the PtW forum?

Comment

It would probley help more
                  Leave the die'n part to the other unlucky bastard ! ! ! !

Comment

While PtW is a better place for the original post, this does bring up a good General Civ3 point.

The Diplomacy Screen.
                    Shift+Click to switch out?
                    I've only ever played with enough AIs to have to switch out 3 of them, and that was a pain.

I can't even imagine having to switch out all of them 3 times over.
                    "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

I like the idea tho ... a CIV3 royal rumble
                      None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

It seems they could go to a screen like the embassy one to fit more civs and have it scroll like the city/units one does. Warlords has a diplomatic screen with rows and cols. The lines are not real useful to me when you have everyone with all types of relationships and two of the lines have colors that are so similar?

Comment

I don't think I could handle the stress of having that many civs at once!

Comment

23 civs is great
                            31 civs is great

the more to the party, the better

more heads on the pikes

tech race is quite fast though.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                              tech race is quite fast though.
                              This depends. There are ways to slow it down to a reasonable rate. My latest mod is doing these, but I need a few games to make sure it's not a fluke.

There are a lot of factors to tech growth. Size of empires, AI trading rate, when maps can be traded, how fast you meet everyone, max cap, tech costs, etc.

Just tweaking one of these can slow (or increase) the tech rate. Adjusting all of them takes a few games to get right.

My 24 player game is a blast. The only problem is the screwy spiderweb display only letting me see the relationships of 8 civs at once. I've complained to Firaxis about this a bunch of times.
                              Seemingly Benign
                              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

Working...
                              X