No announcement yet.

Dan Magaha is a real professionist !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dan, just a thought, if you no longer handle civ3.com, you could become one of the Apolyton's regulars and post here like 40 times a day .
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

What excatly is an associated producer? Or a producer for that matter? Is it something similar to a Project leader/manager?

So long...
      Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
      Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
      Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
        What excatly is an associated producer? Or a producer for that matter? Is it something similar to a Project leader/manager?

So long...
        Hi Pioneer,

You're right, that's exactly what a producer is in this business. Usually each product has a producer who is ultimately responsible for it. A lot of the time this means stuff like doing plans in Microsoft Project and timetracking the team, but it also means things like helping with design docs, testing, etc.. -- basically it's a producer's job to make sure nothing "falls through the cracks" so to speak.

Dan
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

Okay I get it - this is a thread for bad English speakers
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

basically it's just a way for managers to know instantly who to fire when something goes wrong, so that they can safely say that they did something about the failure
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

associate producer = scapegoat?
              I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

when producers realise the... reality of their position, they ask for an associate producer to "help them"(=take the fall if needed)
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  basically it's just a way for managers to know instantly who to fire when something goes wrong, so that they can safely say that they did something about the failure
                  So now who was the associate producer of the MP part of PTW?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS

Hi Pioneer,

You're right, that's exactly what a producer is in this business. Usually each product has a producer who is ultimately responsible for it. A lot of the time this means stuff like doing plans in Microsoft Project and timetracking the team, but it also means things like helping with design docs, testing, etc.. -- basically it's a producer's job to make sure nothing "falls through the cracks" so to speak.

Dan
                    I do something similar at work but my name is by no means as glamorous! I originally thought that the producers of a movie, game, etc. are people that put a project together from idea to finish and most importantly they also invested in financial terms!

Anyway, since I know you will be reading this Dan I'd like to say thank you for a great game.

So long...
                    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

Working...
                    X