Dan Magaha is a real professionist !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Magaha is a real professionist !

I saw your comment on my post...are you a Fireaxis member?

If so I would like to express my best compliments because a programmer that participate in fans forum is the witness of a real professional way to work !!!

Go on in this way guy,we surelly will buy your future products ( CIV 4 ) with this kind of support !!!

Great man thanks about your infos...

Boomer

BTW I can finish my current game without lethal bombing,I can win either without it !!

Next game I'll use this feature !!!

LOL... yeah, he is of Firaxis, but Dan isn't a programmer. He's, I believe, their PR manager or something like that, and he's the webmaster of civ3.com
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

...but Firaxian programmers do post here from time to time. Look for Soren Johnson and Mike Breitkreutz, they are programmers.

Comment

Soren Johnson being the one who did an amazing AI all alone in 4 months .
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

You can't help but love newbies...
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Dan is the marketing guy for Firaxis, Soren is the AI guy, and Mike is the beer editor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
              LOL... yeah, he is of Firaxis, but Dan isn't a programmer. He's, I believe, their PR manager or something like that, and he's the webmaster of civ3.com
              Not any more, actually -- I'm working here as an associate producer and civ3.com is handled by Infogrames now, just FYI...

Dan

PS, I've done some programming, but no one's ever confused me with a programmer once they saw my code
              Dan Magaha
              Firaxis Games, Inc.
              --------------------------

Comment

Mr. associate producer Professionist,
                Would you care to comment on why the AI doesn't use the luxury slider? That really hurts its performance, and Soren doesn't seem to hang out with us here any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Magaha FIRAXIS
                  civ3.com is handled by Infogrames now
                  Is that why it has been uninformative and rarely updated for weeks and weeks? ....

OK, they've done a good update now, I know.
                  If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by alexman
                    Would you care to comment on why the AI doesn't use the luxury slider? That really hurts its performance, and Soren doesn't seem to hang out with us here any more.
                    Perhaps he`s off coding somewheres...for a new game, maybe?

Comment

I really couldn't say.. even though I'm in production now, Civ is not the project on which I'm... productivizing (?)

Dan
                      Dan Magaha
                      Firaxis Games, Inc.
                      --------------------------

Comment

And what might you be productifivizing?

Comment

Oh, how to be young and gullible again...
                          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK
                            Oh, how to be young and gullible again...
                            Yeah Cap, being old and gullible must really suck.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Soren just said on another thread that the lux slider was a potential trap and that is why it is not used. It is just to tricky.

Comment

Working...
                              X