How big is you Civ3 directory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big is you Civ3 directory?

How big are peoples civ3 directories on your hdds?

Mine is currently standing at 2.09 GB (2,253,767,338 bytes). My saves take over 1GB by themselves..... Perhaps I need to clean out my old games?
    Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

1GB! How much does one save take?

Geez, my entire Civ folder's not that big...
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I delete mine at the end of the game.

Comment

I gave up on keeping track of mine, but since you asked. 1.88 GB, which includes Play the World (709 MB, which includes various terrain related graphics scenarios and the scenarios that came with PtW: (300 MB), most of the terrain and related graphics (228 MB) and utility programs (20 MB worth) from here and any unique ones from CivFanatics; actually very little in the way of saved games (about 20 MB of PtW; and a lot less of Civ 3). I do have a large number of Civ3 Saved Games on CD. I recently upgraded to a newer computer, and saved all the Civ 3 stuff to several CD's.

Comment

Hmmm.... perhaps I should save my civ3 saves onto some cd's to clear up some space.

BTW I don't have PTW yet so the 2GB doesn't include that.

Comment

Originally posted by jordie
            Hmmm.... perhaps I should save my civ3 saves onto some cd's to clear up some space.

BTW I don't have PTW yet so the 2GB doesn't include that.
            brutal

Comment

1.57 GB, but I always name my saves save1.sav.
              Seemingly Benign
              Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I just save it as what the default is.

I have "old" folders, Once I finish a game i make a new "old" folder, like old3, old4 etc. and put all my saves from the last game in there and start over.

Comment

Beats me... whatever the default is + the graphics for about 100 custom units.

Comment

2.24 GB, includes all zips from downloaded files, saves (both folders) take up only 68 MB.

Comment

i used to have over 3.5 gigs of save files, until i cleaned them out. i used to save almost every turn during wars(i don't anymowre), and since i am normally at war 3/4th of the game.....

Comment

I tend to save everyturn when in wars or when I want to advert war...so i can just go back and fix it up.

Comment

Including my civ3 downloads, and the total civ3 folder, 730Mb.

I save to one file per game, and save before I win so I have a collection! Every once in a while I delete autosave (nearly 20Mbs each time!!)
                          James Dean Shepherd
                          Jesus lives! :)
                          ----------------------------

Comment

I have a directory of 691 MB. I also have a few saves, are you not using the latest patch, jordie? Even with some hundred saves, you should have a tought time getting to 1 GB!
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                            X