Victory condition question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victory condition question.

If I set only one victory condition. Do the AI civs react accordingly? Meaning that if I have only the domination victory condition set, do the enemy civs act more aggressively? Do they only go to war with people?
    Is it possible to modify how, the AI civs go about trying to rule the world. Like in SMAC, certain civs had specific advantages when it came down to winning, by a certain condition. Or in CIV3, is this solely determined by the CIVS that you pick to play against.
    "Calm down Nedlydidlydidlydidly. They did their best Shodidlyidlyidly.
    "The Butcher with the Sharpest knife, has the warmest heart." "Mitchell!!"

Not sure... the AI doesn't seem too geared towards one goal or another. You'd probably have to ask Soren for a definitive answer.

Comment

I do not have enough games in using PTW to speak to it, but my experience with Civ3 was it behaved the same regardless of how many victory conditions I use.

Comment

Agreed. They don't take it into account. Any AI's that survive to end-game act rather like lemmings. Once one of them stumbles toward a possible victory condition, the rest bee-line for the same thing.

Comment

Not sure either but they should! I think of it as a flag similar to the flags attached to units. The Ai then redas the flag and acts accordingly.

So long....
          Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
          Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
          Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I think they are set to kill you and/or make the spaceship.
            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Working...
            X