No announcement yet.

Is the AI a prophet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hm. So it seems that the AI knows whats over there, but doesn't know how to get there, unless it explores the region or get a map. Interesting. Thanks for the info.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

The AI does a lot of things. It can see where a resource will be ages before the resource comes. I usually grab tundras and deserts and jungles anyway, for the reason that there might be something on it. (And if not, the global warming turns everything into desert anyway, heh heh heh...hello nukes! just kidding )

Does the AI have any system of determining how many defensive units a city is worth? Does this plan consider resources now or future? If the AI just places defensive based on pop or land w/ no resource consideration, turn it into an exploit--just conquer it and you haven't wasted a settler and if you have a peacetime army anyways then you won't waste any time producing units. Another exploit: See where the AI builds its useless cities. Don't mock it, just know that there will be a resource there and you'll have to conquer it or cut it off.
      meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

The AI not even getting to a hut near it is the reason, I always felt I could do with out Expan trait.

Comment

ok so people seem to agree that the AI does know where the resources will be but does not prioritize developing such resources until it legally knows of its existence.

From Catt's experiment it does seem the AI will prioritize short term needs over long term ones.

But lets continue the experiment. Set up future resources where the rest of the future city area has no benefit whatsover. And see how the AI reacts.

Then compound this by creating your own settler and have it move towards the resource and then see if the AI suddenly takes interest in this activity.

then compare the results of The AI knowing the territory (but obviously it still can't know about the future resources since no one else does either) vs totally unknown.

I'm gonna try also but you guys have way more experience using the editor --which is why i posted this instead of running off to do it myself

As of now: it seems safe to say that the consensus is that the AI does NOT cheat with respect to insider trading of resources

Comment

Redstar,

If you want to con someone into doing the testing on this, Alexman is your guy. He's good with this stuff (see the "AI's obession with food" thread in this forum).

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Redstar
              From Catt's experiment it does seem the AI will prioritize short term needs over long term ones.
              That's why the AI will never be a worthy opponent.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
              X