No announcement yet.

Ancient Mediterranean Mod incomplete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice! I can't wait to get home and try this stuff out.

I love the mod, but there's something very annoying about not having the necessary resources.

As a suggestion, is there anyway you can get the AIs to fight more? They're just so peaceful...

Is there any way I can play TAM (or any other mod) with a graphics mod (Sn00py's, watercolor, etc)?

Comment

(double post)
      Last edited by Randolph; November 8, 2002, 15:11.

Comment

@Randolph:

Sure, just make a copy of the BIX file, then rename it (supposing you're using the Ancient World.bix, rename it 'Ancient World - Watercolor Terrain.bix')

Then open the Ancient World - Watercolor Terrain.Bix in the editor.

In the menu, choose Scenario -> Scenario Properties, and in the Scenario Search Folders and add in the Watercolor Terrain folder name.

It should then look something like this:

Warpstorm Watercolor Terrain;..\Extras\Medieval Japan\;Double Your Pleasure

All folders you want the game to search, are separated by semi-colon.

Check out the Editor help-file for more info on the search path capabilities.
        Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

In version 1.2 the AIs fight more (if the conversion is correct).
          My websites:
          - Ancient History Encyclopedia
          - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
          - What is my search ranking?

Comment

Thank you , That was just the super-dumbed-down version that I needed... now why couldn't the PTW booklet have something like that?

I look forward to the increased fighting

Comment

Hehe... also look forward to impossibly fast AI. It's too hard right now. We're trying to balance it. Still testing... The AI programming is totally intransparent, so we're not sure on how to do it.
              My websites:

Comment

It seems 1.2h still has some issues in PTW. The icons are wrong for a lot of the buildings and wonders and the game crashed when I got to Republic (some issue the Praetorian guard). Also the maps should be reworked since PTW allows for X wrapping to be disabled.
                Tutte le strade portano a Roma.

Comment

If the game crashed with Praetorian guard then there must be a naming-error somewhere in the file. I'll look into it, but I can't do much since I don't have PtW yet. EUROPE SUCKS (in this case)!
                  My websites:

Comment

I couldn't find any naming error, the unit is not included in the update. Please get in touch with Karhgath, he made the update. You can contact him in the CDG forums (click on the link in my signature to get there).
                    My websites:

Comment

There does seem to be an error. The #ANIMNAME section of the pediaicons.txt points to a unit folder named Praetorian Guard, but there is no such folder.
                      Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

There should be. ;-)
                        I'll PM Kargath about it. Can't fix it myself.
                        My websites:

Comment

That is not the only problem though. A lot of the buildings & wonder graphics were messed up and some of the leaderheads were missing as well. I had to go in and fix that myself. It seems like there are many loose ends. I PMed that guy but maybe a total evaluation needs to take place? I guess there are differences in how PTW is structured so some aspects of the mod went kinda screwy in the conversion?

Comment

Of course. It was a very hurried conversion. Only Isak had PtW beta, and he converted version 1.0. Now that PtW is released in the US, Karhgath rushed to convert it. He used Isak's conversion as a base, but since he just got the game I'm sure he doesn't know all about it. It's also very hard to think of ALL the little changes and features of TAM. Even if I converted it, I'm sure I would forget something... :-P

Be happy that you got something! Thanks to Isak and Karhgath! Since PtW works differently you kinda have to expect a few bugs in the 1.2 version. Nobody (except for Isak, who's got little time right now) knows PtW well yet. So... get a cup of tea and wait.
                            Last edited by thamis; November 10, 2002, 19:59.
                            My websites:

Comment

Oh, and the building GFX were done by Robo, and I'm not sure if Karhgath included them. Really, don't expect everything at once.

TAM is out there since Febuary. It took till version 1.0 (10th of September) to be able to call it "bug free". Now we have to find our way through PtW and will work toward making it bug free ASAP. The greatest problem right now is that only a few of us have PtW, since most of the TAM people are in Europe...
                              My websites:

Comment

Originally posted by thamis
                                Of course. It was a very hurried conversion. Only Isak had PtW beta, and he converted version 1.0. Now that PtW is released in the US, Karhgath rushed to convert it. He used Isak's conversion as a base, but since he just got the game I'm sure he doesn't know all about it. It's also very hard to think of ALL the little changes and features of TAM. Even if I converted it, I'm sure I would forget something... :-P

Be happy that you got something! Thanks to Isak and Karhgath! Since PtW works differently you kinda have to expect a few bugs in the 1.2 version. Nobody (except for Isak, who's got little time right now) knows PtW well yet. So... get a cup of tea and wait.
                                Oh I was just making sure you were aware I wasn't complaining really. Take as much time as you need to finish this wonderful mod.

Comment

Working...
                                X