Ancient Mediterranean Mod incomplete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by isak

Thanks - We were hoping people wouldn't notice, and assume that the mods were on the disc. So please keep it between you and me, I wanna tell my grandchildren how grandpa's mod was on the PtW disc
    ok, whatever you say

Comment

I hope it is released soon.
      Tutte le strade portano a Roma.

Comment

Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't catch up with you, I hardly ever check Apolyton. It's so slow and such a bad design. Anyway, that's beside the point now.

To keep up with The Ancient Mediterranean (short: TAM) MOD, you should check the forums at Creative Design Group. There you will always find the latest updates.

I posted an update today that Isak put together. I can't tell y'all what exactly is in there, cuz I'm in Europe and don't have PtW yet. For questions, ask Isak.

There will be an update to 1.2h soon, Isak and Karhgath are working on it.

There will be 1.2i soon, with hopefully more balanced rules, more leaderheads and more unit graphics. With that update we will freeze TAM for civ3 and only go for PtW (if I have PtW then...).

I hope I could help to clarify some stuff. And I'm really angry at Infogrames that TAM couldn't really be on there. Can't play without resource icons, can you? ;-)
        My websites:
        - Ancient History Encyclopedia
        - The Ancient Mediterranean Mod
        - What is my search ranking?

Comment

Originally posted by thamis
          Hey guys!

Sorry I didn't catch up with you, I hardly ever check Apolyton. It's so slow and such a bad design. Anyway, that's beside the point now.

ouch!

Thanks for the update

Comment

It is slow, but I have no problem with the design.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
              i think the updates to several of the mods will be posted on civ3.com.

of course, not yet

check here and civfan, hopefully will be up soon.
              When I looked this afternoon, civ3.com didn't even have info on PTW having been released. Is no-one being paid to keep that site up to date?
              The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Obviously not. :-(
                My websites:

Comment

I guess we can play with this for right now:

"Just as a short and temporary solution:

You can now download TAM version 1.0 (that's the version that is supplied with PtW) with more (non-copyright) graphics.

Isak and Karhgath are working on making it 1.2-compatible." - http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/ci...opic.php?t=759

Comment

Here's TAM version 1.2h for PtW. I couldn't test it, but supposedly all changes that are in TAM CIV3 1.2h are in here too.

For information on version 1.2, refer to the CIV3 1.2 thread.

You can download it here:

(1.6 MB) 2002-11-07

Comment

I guess you just run the exe and it will automatically update the files?

Comment

Thank you v. much for the update!

Surprised to hear such a criticism of 'poly. Slow, yes, but it's never occured to me to slam the design. It's actually the only game fansite I ever bother to spend time at.
                        "It might be a good idea." -- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western Civilization.

Comment

Don't listen too much to Thamis - he probably just spent so little time here, he didn't know you can choose your own layout in the control panel
                          Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

I think the forum division is bad. The forum hierarchy at CFC and CDG is much better. Just my 2 pence.

Anyway, I strongly recomment that for TAM you keep up to date at CDG. You can still discuss here, whatever, but at CDG is all the info you need. There you can also subscribe to a thread that will automatically inform you of updates.

How to install info is there too, of course: http://www.cdgroup.org/forums/tbs/ci...topic.php?t=49

The EXE is only for CIV3, not PtW. The ZIP is for PtW, but I don't know how to install it cuz I haven't seen PtW yet... :-(
                            My websites:

Comment

For PTW, all files must be installed into the Civ3PTW\Scenarios folder not the main Civ3 or CIV3PtW directory.

To use the mod, you select Load Scenario and start up either the Ancient Mediterranean.bix (to play a random map game), Ancient World.bix (the main map game) or the Mediterranean Small... bix (for a small map game).
                              Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

In the 1.2 update there should be TAM Mediterranean Realistic and Balanced. Those are the new "main" maps. I'm not sure whether Karhgath included them or not.
                                My websites:

Comment

Working...
                                X