Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Works

How often do you get to build them?
    I haven never got a city with cal and iron ints it's radius.

I just got my first and it is beautiful! Too bad its surrounded by hills and mountains so I can only get it up to 13 pop.

Comment

If you're on a big map and have many captured workers, add 7 and then 1 every turn after, so it can use its full radius.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

In the last year Ive only managed to build it 4 or 5 times but the sweetest was when I spotted the Persians with a city with one Iron and two coal and swiftly relieved them of this prime piece of real estate,naturally I built the Ironworks there when the dust had settled
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

I get often, but usually it is too late to matter much.

I should add that is after 129f, before it was very rare.

Comment

Jag, in PtW you cannot do that "adding workers with a food deficit" trick (according to the readme).

Comment

can you build more that one iron works, should the opportunity arrise?

Size of the map will dramatically affect the chances of Iron Works, as will no. of players.

PLaying on a 200x200 size, with 4 players,I rarely (about 1 in 15 games) get a chance to build one.
              The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer
                It's a small wonder, so no you can't I'm afraid.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I've never seen Iron Works as I always play on large maps
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

A large map should provided an occassional IW chances. I have seen it on std maps. I may be a function of the age/temp/etc as you need mounains and jungles to get a good shot at coal and iron.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer

Size of the map will dramatically affect the chances of Iron Works, as will no. of players.

PLaying on a 200x200 size, with 4 players,I rarely (about 1 in 15 games) get a chance to build one.
                      u cant, i had 2 cities that had both coal and iron in the city radius and was only able to build one.

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                        I've never seen Iron Works as I always play on large maps
                        I only ever play on Standard maps or smaller and I built one once (only once mind you. ).
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

The ironworks is awesome, but rare. I see an opportunity for it once every 3 or 4 games. Once I got it in a city surrounded by only grassland and hills... 1 coal and 2 iron. Let me tell you, that was sweet...
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

To really benefit, you need to have a really hilly area.

What is the highest sheild output you can manage. Ive got 110 from a city without Iron works pre manufacturing plant.

My Iron works cities are almost never well positioned sheild production wise
                            The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Well, I don't remember the shields, but I had a modern armor out in 2 turns.
                              Lime roots and treachery!
                              "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Working...
                              X