What would you like to see in Civ 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you like to see in Civ 4

I don't think it's too early to start dreaming about what we would like to see in civ 4, if ever it was to be written. What features would you like to see in the next major version of Civilization?

suggested topics to dicsuss in this thread:

o Combat system
    -naval units
    -air units
    -land units

o Tech Tree

o Economics
    -trade routes
    -resources

o Cultural model
    -culture flipping

o Civilizations
    -traits
    -Unique Units
    Last edited by TacticalGrace; November 1, 2002, 12:41.
    Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

I would love to see the Modern Era spiced up - see this thread for some interesting ideas.

OK, sorry for the shameless plug...
    ...but it IS on topic.

Comment

Bad timing IMO , but I'll bite:

1. What I really want to happen with civ4 is a simulteanious worldwide release héhé, that feels good
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Improved diplomacy and a better UN, also MP from the start would be nice for once.

Also if they keep UUs I think there should be atleast 2 for each civ or one UU and maybe a trait UU. For example Rome could get the Legion in anciant era or whatever, and then get a trait based unit that everyone of that trait gets in the modern era (of course this trait probably wouldn't be the same kind of trait as commerical\industrious\ etc.).

Here's a more specific example Rome and Greece are anciant cultures so they could both have the same unit in modern or industrial times, let's say it's a faster worker (just as an example), haven't really thought through specifically.

Also possibly updating Civs to modern forms, for example England becomes Great Britian in one era then UK in modern era, Rome becomes Italy etc. I think that would be kind of cool.

Comment

Social Engineering!
          Social Engineering!
          Social Engineering!

Oh, sorry, I'm repeating myself. But I just liked the SMAC government system too much.

Comment

Social engeneering and a diplomacy system where your population counts more. Just imagine the impact of people beeing angry, it's not only revolts. Green Peace, etc. It's confiance in politics, people beeing less productive and all. I want the PEOPLE TO BE PART OF THE WORLD in Civ IV!!!
            Last edited by Trifna; November 1, 2002, 14:09.
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

More civs...why stop at 16 or 24....why 40 or so like in CTP.
              How about larger maps too, randomly generated.
              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

A few more additional terrain types.

Slight increase in complexity of combat.

Improve diplomacy.

Comment

The ability to play insultingly huge maps with a disgusting amount of civs and not have to wait 5 min per turn.

That and the UN and social engineering etc etc....

Comment

At some point the "more civs" will just be the same as already existing ones. Looks like 24 is getting very close to that now.

Comment

when civ3 meets ceasar3

don't remember who, but a suggestion was made to use the overlays from ceasar 3--->great idea
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Diplomacy
                        Social enginering
                        Better combat system

Comment

Wow!

Civ2 was around ages before people started thinking about Civ3.

Do people just have shorter attention spans these days or does Civ3 lack the gameplay of Civ2? [Don't answer that one folks - its rhetorical].
                          (+1)

Comment

But wasn't Civ2 followed by CTP? and it would make sense not to compete with your own spinoff.

Comment

I know there isn't a prayer of this, but I'd love to see a hex-based civ. Coders out there?

Comment

Working...
                              X