Terraforming with nukes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming with nukes?

Me bomb city with nukes. Me see mountain near city. Me bomb, no more mountain! Me laugh.

I know that nuking can make grasslands into deserts and such, but leveling mountains? Hmmm...

Any experience on such?
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Hmmm... have you ever played SMAC.

There - the Planet Buster - the ultimate tool in terraforming...
    I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Hey, uhh, Tattila... for some reason I didn't understand your Hun speak. Are you ASKING whether a mountain will be removed or SAYING that you used a nuke and destroyed a mountain? The only land in the current version of the game that gets "terraformed" afaik is grasslands and plains.

I started a thread on this a while back just having fun with the topic... if you'd like to read:

-Apo

Comment

The thing was, I just out of boredom used my entire stockpile of icbm's on a small town on my backyard. It had a mountain on one of the nine fallout blocks. After 6 blasts, this mountain had vanished, in place was desert.

I wonder why my advisors say nothing if I decide to blast one of my own cities...
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

They are afraid.

Comment

I have had somthing similer happen once under 1.29f as well, but have never seen it since. After nukeing an Egyptian port city four times (Horray for the massive first strike!), one of the coast squares turned into a desert. The coast had previously had six of the eight adjacent squares as land. It was also a fish square, and it was not part of a freshwater sea.

After the conversion, the coastline wasnt drawing properly (no shore effect on this tile) and I now had a desert with a fish in it. Troops were able to pass thru it, boats were not.

Comment

Working...
            X