Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mark of a True CIV3 Fanatic: Conquest Logs

For me, the High Scores are not enough.

I've created an Excel Spreadsheet that documents each game that I play.

It contains information about the world size, age, climate, etc. What Civ I played and who my opponents were. Whether or not I used standard rules or the editor and if the latter what the scenario filename is.
    In addition - every scenario file I create has a .txt file with the same name documenting the changes I've made.

In the last columns are information about how victory was achieved (if at all) and what the final year of play was. I've also inserted comments here and there regarding anything unusual or of special note.

Am I just a totally hopeless Civ3 NUT?
    Or do others do something like this, too?

I'd gladly attach an example of my spreadsheet, but I'm at work on lunch hour - so if anyone wants to see it, let me know and I'll try and attach it from home.

- Skeeve
    My Reach always exceeds my Grasp...

Sounds like an interesting idea, but you're also pretty insane . I do though remember my games pretty well, the spectacular ones, and I save them when the game is won for future reference, in case I want any.
    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Some of that data should have been in the hall of fame screen. This file can be edited to see some things like how many in the game and the level. I wanted it to have more data and have field descriptor. It could be useful to know how many players, map size and such and be able to view it without bringing up the game.
      By now I have played so many games that they are jumbled up in my memory. The game has been reinstalled so I do not have some of the old history.
      I did once make a chart for stats from my Might and Magic VI games. I guess I just did not want to let the game go away at that time and that was a way to let it live on for a bit longer. Actually it is just an enjoyment of stats. That is one of the things that drew me to baseball as a kid (players union killed it later).

Comment

Why not go one step further and translate all that info into a civ3 story over on the stories forum, you may be be quite mad but were not fussy over there and we would all be very pleased to have a new writer do some stuff.
        A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Because writing a story, IMO, takes much more job .
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

After my first hundred or so "practice" games , I deleted all the entries in my High Scores file and began over, and I started saving my wins in a separate folder. I saved the first and last turns, plus the 10 A.D. save file (or the year closest to that when I forgot to save that turn).

I also created an .rtf file based on the High Scores file, but with extra information such as you mentioned, but not that extensive. A spreadsheet sounds like a better way to do this, though.

Comment

Writing a story takes a different set of skills, than just making notes of some data. I did the same as you Purple for my old Moo2 games.

Comment

CSPA

Comment

Stats, I loove stats. I always wished the demographics screen was a little deeper. There's nothing I like more then a niiice line graph or even better a pie chart(mmmm pie). It would be cool if we could have some sort of comparative threads here, for instance as a builder I always wonder how large warmongers get their armies, or how much resources and luxuries the average player has by the Middle Ages, the Industrial age. Stupid stuff like that. It would be cool to see what other peoples games are like. Please post your stats!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
                    Why not go one step further and translate all that info into a civ3 story over on the stories forum, you may be be quite mad but were not fussy over there and we would all be very pleased to have a new writer do some stuff.
                    Actually, I like that sort of thing, but my time is quite limited since I'm taking MBA classes at night and have homework and such. However, once this is all over in June, then perhaps I'll give that a try.

Comment

Whatever phycic desease you have Skeeve, you have also made an awful lot of time available in some way!
                      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                        Whatever phycic desease you have Skeeve, you have also made an awful lot of time available in some way!
                        Yep, you've got a point alright.
                        I guess when it comes to CIV 3, there's always time!

Comment

I see that...
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm with Skeeve, I'd love this!

Comment

I 'm just too lazy for this, but I got a huge collection of my civ savegames (too bad you can't load prepatch savs). I even saved my civ2 games, when I got a new comp a year ago and copied them on my HD again.

Hey, and believe it or not somewhere I got a 5,25"-Floppy Disk with my best civ1 games from my 386 nearly ten years ago, too bad I don't have a slot anymore...

A game which I played for hours and hours is a piece of art to me

THAT you can call insane
                              "Where I come from, we don't fraternize with the enemy - how about yourself?"
                              Civ2 Military Advisor

Comment

Working...
                              X