anti air?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti air?

why is there no unit that can attack an air unit.(mobile sam, AA..)
    the only ground anti-air in the samsite, but there are no ground or sea units that can do this. giving this ability to, say, Aigis cruiser and some ground units would make a lot of sence.
    or at least put this in the Editor!

i've done it successfully with Radar Artillery, just use the editor.
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

and is that just a land unit with air superiority?
      Help negate the vegiterian movement!
      For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

Re: anti air?

Originally posted by zorbop
        why is there no unit that can attack an air unit.(mobile sam, AA..)
        the only ground anti-air in the samsite, but there are no ground or sea units that can do this. giving this ability to, say, Aigis cruiser and some ground units would make a lot of sence.
        or at least put this in the Editor!
        air missions were abstracted to expedite the game... just like espionage and trade. but I would be for a mobile Surface-to-Air Missile launcher unit that could be deployed and give a specified coverage-area a chance at damaging or destroying enemy planes that pass within range (though I wouldn't know a good success/failure percentage to work with)
        "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

well, in Falcon 4.0, SAM missiles tend to be more of an annoyence than a threat. They send off loads of warnings and take your consentration from the fighters.

The only time i've ever been killed by one, was when i was flying real low using some NGR pods on some tanks and a SAM launcher just happened to be nearby.

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
            and is that just a land unit with air superiority?
            yes. and it works.

(it looks a little odd when the radar arty intercepts though, it moves from left to right with an attack animation, like an intercepting fighter).

but it still works
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

maby you should change its attack animation to a missile instead of a.......
              .......SAM battery with wings. lol

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

yes. and it works.

(it looks a little odd when the radar arty intercepts though, it moves from left to right with an attack animation, like an intercepting fighter).

but it still works
                interesting. not too useful for me now, not much time in the modern age, but in a nice scenario....

Comment

I need to see this, but the tip is really good. Thanx
                  Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                  religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Wow, thanks Uber! I've wanted to give the Radars and AEGIS this... what sucks, though, is that they are on Air Supeiority mission and stand where they are, they can't move around and just intercept anything. Oh well.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                      Wow, thanks Uber! I've wanted to give the Radars and AEGIS this... what sucks, though, is that they are on Air Supeiority mission and stand where they are, they can't move around and just intercept anything. Oh well.
                      if you give them an operational range of, say, 5, they'll intercept things in that range, and return to their originial square after the fightings done (if they win).

but yes, they have to be on air superiority. you cant just have the unit there, you have to order it to intercept.

edit: so it's basically decreasing their movement by 1 if you want the to always be on Air superiority at the end of a turn.

turnless might get hairy.

Comment

I'm eager to see an AEGIS cruiser animation for intercepting, LOL.

Uhmm, still, I'd like if we could something like AA batteries in CtP, that could just intercept planes by standing there. Maybe the PtW editor would allow us to do it.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                          I'm eager to see an AEGIS cruiser animation for intercepting, LOL.

Uhmm, still, I'd like if we could something like AA batteries in CtP, that could just intercept planes by standing there. Maybe the PtW editor would allow us to do it.
                          from what i saw in the editor... i mean from what i heard from thise dirty pirates about the editor, "passive air superiority" isnt a trait.

Comment

Working...
                          X