No announcement yet.

Coastal Fortress: Port Defense or Placebo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somebody in Strategy forum posted quite detailed and deadly marine attack strategy. I think that's where the Coastal Fortress should really shine in defense.

Which means that, due to AI's inability to launch such sophisticated attacks, it will be one of those things to get in importance in MP games (like Expansionistic trait).
    The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
    - Frank Herbert

Comment

erm... I think expansionistic is already good, but that's beside the point

the point is you are right, it will come in more useful in MP, much like fighters, paratroopers and helicopters.

Comment

I would prefer coastal forts to automatically attack once an enemy ship comes adjacent, not waiting until it passes through a zone of control. Also, make it so they have an effective attack equal to the defense of either frigate or ironclad, AFTER any modifications to attack/defense strengths are made.

Comment

I was playing as the Chinese on thin land strips with only coastal cities, and used my militaristic trait to build harbors and coastal fortresses in every town city and metropolis. With enemy ships running all around my coastal terrains for centuries, one of my coastal fortresses did manage to take a pot shot at it. Very very rare, and definitely not worth the cost to build The AI hardly ever decides to bomb one of your coastal cities.

Comment

It should have attack values increasing over time to reflect improvements in naval warfare. So it would have one value for ironclad era and another for battle ship era.I mean they stopped using the old cannons at some point and used modern (WWII) guns for coastal batteries.

Comment

Working...
            X