Why do I want PTW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I want PTW?

I know a lot of you are keen for multiplayer. I'll never play MP. Do I want PTW then? Why?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    Jack

Yes. I do not play MP either, but new civs, new units and if you come to the forums, you will not be able to have any appreciation for much of the dialog without it. People will be talking about vikings and such.

Comment

I'm not particularly interested in multiplayer either, but the new civs and units, plus whatever other tweaks they've snuck in, are enough to catch my interest. With how much I play, the extra cost per hour for the new version will be essentially nothing.

Nathan

Comment

I _might_ play MP with my wife, but for me, it's all about new civs, especially new industrious civs. Damn, I wish I'd skipped those when I started playing.
        "Just once, do me a favor, don't play Gray, don't even play Dark... I want to see Center-of-a-Black-Hole Side!!! " - Theseus nee rpodos

Comment

Never played anything on multiplayer to date so I dont know if Ill do so with PTW, Ill still buy it to stay with the plot same as others have said.
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Hm.

- Eight new civs.
            - Enhanced Scenario Editor.
            - New map features like outposts, radar towers and airfields.
            - New guerilla and medieval infantry units.
            - New wonders and new city improvements.
            - Updated interface improvements (auto bombard, rally points, stacked movement and a new espionage interface).

Sounds good enough for me.
            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Okay, you sold me!

Thanks
              Jack

Comment

I'll buy it as soon as events, and real pre-set diplomacy, are build in
                Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

PtW is a slow-moving RtS if I understand it right.

The biggest fear I have is that PtW will be too crude. Like Tiberian Sun instead of Brood Wars. I have played both. TS was like "The one who got the lead in the early rush won". BW was like " You could always change strategy and win" ...

Edit: Don't write in the forums when drunk!
                  Last edited by Chemical Ollie; October 26, 2002, 03:26.
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Plus it'll have better terrain graphics
                    Seemingly Benign
                    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

The new city improvements (stock market, commercial dock and civil defense) will make for more interesting research decisions in the industrial age.
                      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

I, as always, will wait at least a month while reading what you guys think.

Comment

Re interface improvements: The trade advisor will include information about your current deals, so you don't need to contact other civs just for deal checking.
                          "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by lockstep
                            Re interface improvements: The trade advisor will include information about your current deals, so you don't need to contact other civs just for deal checking.
                            This is a great feature.
                            Seemingly Benign
                            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

if you look at the feature list provided above, most of that should have been included in the original game rather than in a give-us-more-money expansion pack.

Comment

Working...
                              X