X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map size and earth map question.. PLEASE HELP

Hey guys,

I have following question(s):
    1. Is there a mod to create bigger maps than the max. of 256x256? I'm asking this, because I have a wonderful earth map in call to power 2 and i can't find any map made like this (not even marla's maps)

2. Does anybody have a program to convert call to power 2 maps into civ 3 maps? 'Caase I want to play this map in civ3, since civ 3 is in itself better made, just that the sizes of the maps are rather tiny and, as I already said, I can't find any map conpareable to mine

If anyone could help I'd be very happy (and if the map I'm talking about is needed, just say it and I'l share it)

Thx a lot guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. No, but in one of the chats they said that they were bumping the max size up to 362x362 in PTW.

2. Not that I've heard of.

Have you ever tried playing a full game on 256x256 even? Could you stand it on your computer?
    Seemingly Benign
    Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

That's nice to hear

Yeah, I've actually played on such big maps and also played on the 300x270 map I have. And I like it that much that I want to convert this map to civ 3.

thx for your reply!!

Comment

Have you played Civ3 on big maps before, not CTP?
        Seemingly Benign

Comment

no, not really actually
          I was rather trying to get a map (like this) so far

why, is there a big difference between ctp2 and civ3?
          I know that ctp2 gets really slow in the year 1950 or so ('cause it has to load that many unit movements and stuff), but...

Comment

Really, really slow and well before 1950. On my pathetic machine, turn times are around 1-2 minutes on Marla's map. Your Mileage May Vary, of course.
            Seemingly Benign

Comment

Working...
            X