How many times in a game do you cheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randolph
    I'll only reload if I "Know I'm going to lose the game", but I don't really consider this Cheating because I'm excepting that I lost, but going back to see if I can "Do it right".
    Sure, this is no cheating, I hope you have voted "I never cheat".

Comment

I will reload from autosave if I miskey and if I can replay the turn without changing any moves up until the rekey -- i.e., happens more often in the early game when I accidentally send a unit off a roaded tile and there are few enough units that I can replay the turn in the exact same way as I originally did. "Miskeying" does not include moving a unit and then seeing something that makes me rethink my intended move.

I also occasionally reload from autosave even if I can't be sure of mimicking my original move pattern. This happens when I leave the game to get something to drink / go the bathroom / deal with a baby and I return to either find the AI has gone through its turn or my units have been moved somehow, or even if, without other damning evidence, my 4-year old (who likes to fiddle with the computer while his dad is away) just looks too darn suspicious when I return. I have learned this the hard way .

Catt

Comment

I cheat less than once an hour, so that probably comes to 5-10 times per game.

Comment

I can't reload unless it is some REALLY egregious error on my part, and now it has been about 4 or 5 games since I've had to. Even if I wanted to, the 2 or 3 minutes it takes to load a game is WAY to trying on my patience to do on a regular basis.
          Wadsworth: Professor Plum, you were once a professor of psychiatry specializing in helping paranoid and homicidal lunatics suffering from delusions of grandeur.
          Professor Plum: Yes, but now I work for the United Nations.
          Wadsworth: Well your work has not changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Carver
            I cheat less than once an hour, so that probably comes to 5-10 times per game.
            Wow your game only take 5 to 10 hours?

Comment

I never cheat (i.e. reload guddy hut/ battles etc.) I do restart a lot ff i have a bad start position
              Citizen of the Apolyton team in the ISDG
              Currently known as Senor Rubris in the PTW DG team

Comment

I have never cheated.
                I do replay lost games from a point in a game where I think the 'turning point of history' was that made me lose and replay it from there to see if I can make some other moves to make a difference.
                Also if a game is in a really hopeless position late on I have quit to restart with another map and just abandon that game.

Regards
                Sun_Tzu
                Lady Astor : "If I were your wife I would put poison in your drink"
                Churchill : "If I were your husband I would gladly drink it"
                Unclear words can wipe out all human life on earth if used improperly

Comment

Sometimes I hit the wrong key on the numberpad and send a unit to the wrong square. I've been known to re-do that turn. Is that cheating?
                  "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                    Sometimes I hit the wrong key on the numberpad and send a unit to the wrong square. I've been known to re-do that turn. Is that cheating?
                    Yes, come get your whuppin'.

Comment

I don't cheat, I mod.
                      "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
                      —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley
                        I don't cheat, I mod.
                        Yes, exactly. My Exp/Mil/Rel/Comm/Scientific Sleepy Civ is an accurate reflection of its historical standing and thus the modding should not be considered a cheat. That and the unit, the "reckless driver" is accurately represented as a 10/3/3 replacement for the horseman.

Move along folks, no cheating to be seen here.

Comment

How could you have fun cheating?

You must be attentive even pressing wrong keys,it's like a real tank fired hitting the wrong key,it's a part of real life and should be simulated on CIV3 too,IMHO.

-----------The only reloads I do is when I walked away from the game for awhile and come back and forgot to do something I intended to do. This is one of the bugabos of computers, you can fail to rememers things you normally would.--------by vmxa1

This could be allowed,but only on critical cases.

Gunter

Comment

---------I do restart a lot ff i have a bad start position-----------

Mee too.

Gunter

Comment

I usually don't cheat. Only if I made a completely foolish decision. Like attacking other countries while I am in too much war already. But that doesn't happen often. I only go to war with some one when I finished the rest off or when I know I can have a little more war. And most of the time I just try to piss them off, so they declare war on me. (If you have a large empire, wait till they pass through your territory and then ask them to buzz off.)

Comment

I never reload; if I screw something up or forget to change a setting etc., I just deal with it. Often it makes the game more interesting that way.
                                "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                                "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                                "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                                X