No announcement yet.

How many times in a game do you cheat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't cheat at all. The only times I ever reload is when I'm not really paying attention and accidentally do something, like move my settler left instead of right, and end up next to a barbarian. I don't buy the whole 'your orders got lost along the way' crap. I like a realistic game, but that's taking it over the edge.

I do start a lot of games over, I don't know why though. It's not really because I don't like my starting position, I just get bored with that game, so I start a new one. Happens so many times to me, I can't explain it.

Comment

Cheating is for those who cannot get responsible of their weaknesses
      Personnally, I prefer winning it really than making "as if"

But if I wanna test something, I may use saved games. Like to see if the computer does same again and again, to see how it reacts by doing something, etc.
      Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

I dont cheat.

Comment

The only reloads I do is when I walked away from the game for awhile and come back and forgot to do something I intended to do. This is one of the bugabos of computers, you can fail to rememers things you normally would. When I play cards I remember all cards, but in a computer game, I can not even remember the trump suit some times. It is just that you do not "see" the cards the same way as real cards.

Comment

hm. i voted "never," but like most of you guys, i'll reload if i do something stupid, like forget to reset my science/lux slider or make sure everyone in conquered cities is happy so i can revent a flip. or if i hit the wrong button or whatever. sometimes i'll save just so i can try things out, but i don't consider that "cheating." i much prefer to win "for real" than to cheat.
            drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

I never cheat. If it's good, fine. If it's bad, let's deal with it. If it can't be dealed with, let's smash the monitor...

But I never cheat.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Well, I do reload! It's a game, my game actually and I do it! Yes, I am a cheater!

Seriously, I do reload when I come back to a game after a few days and I make some moves that I never planned or if I do a stupid move. It usually happens at latter stages of the game when I have quiete a few units and I forget what I intended to do. That's one of the shortcomings of the game IMO, that you cannot attach notes to the units.

So long...
                Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

i can honestly say i never cheat

Comment

Originally posted by The Pioneer
                    That's one of the shortcomings of the game IMO, that you cannot attach notes to the units.
                    You can write them in a paper, you know. Or you can use the Windows notepad. You could even use the Apolyton notepad.

I like when I return to a game I last played some days before. I have a lot of fun trying to find out how I ended up in such a mess...

Comment

I don't cheat anymore, although it took me a while (about 50 games) to deal with my errors. In the end, it just feels better to take a city back that once was mine instead of reloading when a I lose a city.
                      "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                        I never cheat. If it's good, fine. If it's bad, let's deal with it. If it can't be dealed with, let's smash the monitor...
                        That will make Civ a quite expensive game for you, won't it?

I never cheat in a game while I'm playing against a human (of course I'm speaking in general, not about an early PTW copy: I haven't one, so don't ask, @#%. ).

I can reload if I made a very stupid error: I often play a Civ game only for few hours in a week, and sometime I lost my focus between a session and the next. But it's an exception, rare case: once in a game or never at all.

I can accept to survive to minor errors, few cities lost in flipping, bad planned attack. I abandon bad (sometime good) game because it's become boring, but I did the same in Chess, too.

But I don't really care if someone cheat agains an AI: if he/she like it is not my problem, until she/he doesn't try to show a false big score or a fake screenshot to show how a "good player" she/he is
                        "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
                        - Admiral Naismith

Comment

If cheaters never win and winners never cheat....how come my ex-wife got everything?
                          Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
                            If cheaters never win and winners never cheat....how come my ex-wife got everything?
                            She probably followed the rules...

Comment

It's gotta be related to luxury resources...
                              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

The closest I come to cheating is reloading if planting a spy makes the other Civ declare war. That just annoys me for some reason.
                                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                                X