Zooming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anunikoba
    In SMAC, I rarely used the multiple zooms; except when pretending I was using a spy satellite:

::vrooooom:: I see Deirdre in the tub! Woohoo!!
    Imagine the possibilities in Civ3... Hey, Joan is shaving her hair... and other parts too...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Great idea, Adm.Naismith! This info would indeed be very helpful.
      Together with maybe one or two extra zoom levels, this would really rock.
      I used zooming quite a lot in civ2 and when I started with civ3 I missed it in the beginning. I hardly ever use it in civ3, now, because the one extra zoom level civ3 has is just to big to move units around and just too small to get a really good overview.
      A "see complete world" zoom would be very useful. And a shortcut to hide all cities, roads and units to see the underlying ground and the resources more easily...
      Hope, Firaxis considers this for PTW or the first PTW patch

Comment

Ctl-shift-m will clear the map.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
          Great idea, Adm.Naismith! This info would indeed be very helpful.
          Thanks to you and every other player that liked my little proposal.

To be fair, as many already noted, isn't a new concept, and many games already implemented it.

I like moment as this, because they remember to me about three years ago, when we debated about new idea for the Civ III "work in progress"...
          "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
          - Admiral Naismith

Comment

Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
            I like moment as this, because they remember to me about three years ago, when we debated about new idea for the Civ III "work in progress"...
            The good old days
            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
            --George Bernard Shaw
            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
            --Woody Allen

Comment

I guess I should count my blessings that civ3 has one out zoom at all. This does help immensly when mass bombing long range and mass nuking.

mass nuking? did I say that? anyway....

all I really wanted was one more zoom: the zoom in real close so that yopu can see the immortal and the legionairy beat eachother soundly. 3 zooms would have been fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                Ctl-shift-m will clear the map.
                Thnx

Comment

Working...
                X