combined arms in armies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• combined arms in armies

Question on armies--especially directed toward modders and other people familiar with the editing the .bic: In my last game I had the great idea of filling a few armies with infantry and artillery. I found out that artys can't load into armies. So, on the next game I went into the editor and found a checkbox for the bombard ability. Has anybody played with this box? It's not with the bombard strength values, or with the abilities on the bottom left, it's near the top right of the screen. I've checked it off for armies, in hopes that it will allow units inside the army to bombard through it.

Just seeing if anyone has tried this; I'm only in the middle ages in my new game (and fairly getting my butt kicked, I'm using the AU mod).

I'm also interested to see whether the AI would use armies like this. I'm inclined to think they will, as long as it actually works, given how they tend to pair up archers and spearmen since archers have had 0-range bombard under the AU mod.

I got all excited...
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Why can't I upgrade tanks in armies? I wonder...
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
        Why can't I upgrade tanks in armies? I wonder...
        You just can't. Noone can do that.

Comment

You can not upgrade any units that are in a army. I guess they felt that would be too strong. Get an army of spearmen and upgrade them all along the path. Ouch.

Comment

100 shields when you disband it though. I usually save my first army to get my first factory quick.

Comment

I hadn't thought that, about the 100 shields. Does that count the included units or just the army? Jeesh! It would be fun to be able to see unit creation date, like "That Mech Inf. that just took the last of the enemy cities, was once the first Spearman I ever built".
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Tattila, when you disband an Army, you get 100 shields. The Army contents are lost -- you get no compensation for them.

Comment

Working...
                X