Two problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two problems...

The other day I was playing a game of civ3 and I had my battleship bomard an enemy tile. The tile had pollution, road and irrigation on it. Once I bombarded it I had the liitle message telling me that some improvements had been destroyed, but the pollution disappeared but the road and irrigation stayed! Has this happened to anyone else?

My other problem is that if an enemy captures my villagers they send them to 1 tile on their side and they stay there, but when it comes to my turn, they are always gone... this has happened many times, and they haven't been on roads or railroads ether, so they shouldn't of been able to move again.... What's up with that?
    Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

You bombarded a polluted tile? Never even tried that, myself. Thanx for the heads up!
    [EDIT:] -- Wait a minute! You mean that if we lack the workers, then we can BOMBARD the pollution away? WOW!! [/EDIT]

Workers captured by the AI are often (not always) disbanded. The AI appreciates how good the player is at recapturing workers, so they often put them to the sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
      You bombarded a polluted tile? Never even tried that, myself. Thanx for the heads up!
      [EDIT:] -- Wait a minute! You mean that if we lack the workers, then we can BOMBARD the pollution away? WOW!! [/EDIT]

hmmmm.......will have to try.

Comment

Did you have a clear view of the tile???
        My guess is that the pollution was allready gone and that you destroyed the railroads or a fort.
        Just the sreen refreshing and updating IMO
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

If you don't update your maps you are seeing old data in the other civ's land. This happened to me also. the next turn I bought a world map from another civ and then looked at the civ I was attacking and everything was different.

Comment

The map will not update until you actually have units to see their territory. Never has, never will. So when one gets the territory map, its only good for that turn.
            Until later, when space age happens and the whole map is revealed.

Comment

It was in view of my battleship... the purpose of doing that was so that i could try to destroy the roads so that the workers would have to waste to a turn getting onto the tile, thus prolonging the cleanup for the enemy... but i cleaned it up for them... I must see if a I have a save or something to try and replicate it.
              Revolution Gaming - Revolution Technology

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                -- Wait a minute! You mean that if we lack the workers, then we can BOMBARD the pollution away? WOW!!

Comment

Working...
                X