How do you make a screen shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make a screen shot

I know that this has been asked and answered a few times before but, How do I go about creating a screen shot of something from the game? I've found that I'll be needing it for my job in the Civ III Democracy Game.

If someone could provide either a link to a past discussion or let me know verbally, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

press "print scrreen" button

to the right of you F12 key

open PAINT---> press SHIFT+INSERT

done
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Almost done, save as .gif or .jpg.

To post on forum you need to resize the image to max of 600x600. Easiest way to do this is import into FreelanceGraphics/PowerPoint/etc, crop and save image from there.

For free image editors, check out irfan.

-- PF

Comment

I second Irfanview, it was very useful to me.

Comment

Oh, forgot. I don't usually use irfanview but prefer xv3. It depends on your OS. Irfanview for Windows, xv3 for unix. The advantage of using graphic programs import filters {i.e., PP/FLG} of the images from paint is they tend to clean up the colors and images have fewer colors.

Caution if using irfanview, install but don't let it set irfanview as default viewer.

-- PF

Comment

If you want only the top screen out, hit the Alt key and Print Screen key on the keyboard. Later when leaving the game it will be in the clipboard, ready to paste as a new image in some graphics program, maybe Paint, or Microsoft Photo Editor, or Paint Shop Pro 7, which may also make the fli files that the graphics of the game uses. I am not sure about that yet, but those may be able to be made -- the units movement graphics or at least loaded up in that program.

Other things to do, later!

Comment

I accidentally lost MS Paint in a disc space saving operation, but I found out that Adobe Photo Deluxe will do the job even better. Just remember to save the screenshot in jpg format and never wider than 600 pixels.
              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Yeah, but one has to have PaintShop and Paint is free. That is why I never mention it, only the free ones.

Comment

Working...
                X